5,113 results
All reviews atrium view adult pool self park emerald bay old hickory steakhouse wreckers sports bar ice sculptures huge atrium family pool beautiful hotel scavenger hunt resort fee attending a conference per day water slides orlando area disney world
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After staying at the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville we decided to tack on an extra day to our Spring Break trip this year and stay at the Gaylord Palms. Although the hotel is smaller than its Nashville counterpart, the detailing in the atriums and grounds are just as exceptional.

So is their customer service. We were able to check in ridiculously early, got a balcony room facing the atrium, and were able to check out late the next day when our travel plans changed unexpectedly (more on that later).

We have an 8 and a 10 year old, so the pool area and water park was a huge hit. The pool was PACKED at all times since it was Spring Break, but we were able to find reclining chairs together around the pool and because the pool area is so enormous it didn't feel as full.

If you are not traveling with kids, you'll want to hang out by the adult-only South Beach pool. If you're traveling with kids, you'll wish you brought a babysitter so you could go hide with the other adults hanging out in the peace and quiet of that area. The kids pool is at least 20 degrees warmer than the adult pool and splash park, too warm to be refreshing but perfect for kids to literally sit in all day long.

We paid the $20 for my son to use the surf area, it is a 30-minute time slot with a max of 6 kids and instruction. The surfer dude that instructs the kids is amazing with the kids and works with them to make sure they're safe and learning how to surf and body board.

As others have noted, the resort can be WICKED expensive if you're eating or drinking there. Keep in mind you did just pay over $300 for a night here (or more), so the food prices are all relative. We had lunch in the pool area both days (servers will bring you both drinks and food right to your lounge chair) and it was over $50 both days. For dinner we took an Uber to the village of Celebration and ate at a local place for a lot cheaper than staying on the resort.

On the morning of our checkout we received an e-mail that our flight was delayed. So we hung out at the pool again (the kids were not too disappointed to be delayed!) until we got notification that it was cancelled. We stayed as late as possible but had to check out at 4pm- the hotel was booked up and there were no rooms for the second night. We instead went to a Days Inn near the airport... and reality sunk in that we were no longer under the palm trees at the Gaylord pool.

Overall I can't say enough how accommodating the staff were, how beautiful the pool was, and what a great stay we had. I HOPE we'll get to come back!

Room tip: balcony rooms opening onto the atrium are the way to go!
Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018

First of all - this place is amazing and beautiful. It is so huge that it took me awhile to get my bearings, and the design of the complex itself is enchanting. BUT - all of the restaurants are expensive and really not that great, in my opinion. One night, my friend and I decided to get a pizza in one of the little "stores" located on property, but it tasted so bad, we both took a couple of bites and threw it away. We ate frozen yogurt for dinner (which was good but definitely not dinner-worthy). Everything is very expensive, including water.

They advertise that they have a free shuttle to Disney Springs, but what they don't tell you is that it runs only at 11:00 am, 6:15 pm and around midnight. So - you either have to go at 11:00 and wait until 6:00 something to go back to the hotel, go at 6:15 pm and return at midnight, or worse yet - go at 11:00 am and stay until midnight. We ended up paying for either Uber or Lyft each day so that we could get back at a decent time (being there for a conference meant midnight was out of the question). It was still a better deal than eating at the hotel!

The room was okay - kind of worn out and although not spic and span, it was clean. My friend was upset - she said that her room was really dirty and even had something spilled down the front of the cabinet. If I remember correctly, she asked to be moved but they told her that the rooms were booked by the conference venue and couldn't be changed. Huh?

I did love the turtle and baby alligator pond, as well as the decor of the complex itself (not so much the room). I didn't like the fact that there was no where to sit and eat if you weren't at one of the restaurants, other than a few tables around Starbucks. The horrible pizza we bought was "eaten" sitting on a bench after walking around for what seemed like forever looking for someplace to sit.

Would I go there again? No, probably not. I felt like a hostage at the hotel as far as the food went and, although they say that you can get local delivery, what they don't tell you is that you have to use Grub Hub or some other type of food delivery service. They do have shuttles to the Disney properties, but unless you have tickets to one of the theme parks or want to spend a copious amount of time at Disney Springs, that really doesn't do much good.

Maybe I've traveled and stayed in nice hotels enough that I am jaded, but I was not impressed. The room rate was definitely not inexpensive and the decor, cleanliness, and amenities definitely make it an easy decision not to stay again.

Room tip: To get a good room, stay at a Disney property.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Marilee M
Reviewed 4 April 2018

As a Marriott Gold Elite member and with travel an extensive part of my life, my family and I have stayed an numerous hotels nationwide. Yet, the Gaylord Palms has remained at the top of the list of my 3 children *ages 14, 11, 8) for years now. The addition of the new waterslides had added to the allure of the interactive atrium, the water park and the ever-popular "wreckers" restaurant!. Front desk staff is always friendly and has met every request. There was an issue with my points being credited and they were quick to respond.

Room tip: Take advantage of the spa- the eucalyptus steam is phenomenal.
Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We recently stayed at the Gaylord Palms for a conference that was held at the hotel’s conference center. We were able to check in early as requested, and they also honored our top floor request. The pool facilities here were very nice, but one of the hot tubs were out of order during our stay. I’m not sure if the pool was supposed to be heated or not, but if it was, it was still chilly. However, this didn’t stop us from sitting out by the pool and enjoying the sunshine. We stayed in an emerald bay room which was in great condition and up-to-date. The only downside about this place is the onsite restaurants are very expensive (i.e. $27 for two bottles of water and two breakfast sandwiches). However, it is convenient and it’s also Orlando, so it’s somewhat expected.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2018

If you know what the Gaylord is, it's an amazingly aesthetic resort with gators, turtles, the everglades, a ship, etc. inside! We were there for a Cheer competition. My two 14 year old girls loved exploring the resort, playing in the pool area and slides. The resort is quite an event unto itself. The room was just ok, the two bed were small and not very comfortable and the pillows were not very good. I think the rooms need some updating. Overall, my family had a nice time.

Room tip: Try to get a room facing the Atrium, it is beautiful.
Date of stay: April 2018