Review Highlights

Ballooning is so underrated

Reviewed 4 June 2018
Alexander S
via mobile

All reviews ground crew balloon flight hot air balloon captain jeff buffet breakfast bucket list an amazing experience picked up from our hotel launch area other companies once in a lifetime balloons thomson jokes ballon company waiver
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Captain Jeff Thompson and Juan provided superb customer service. Jeff is very knowledgeable about hot air balloons. He taught my family a great deal about how everything works. My family was in awe the whole time. Thank you again Captain for provide such beautiful sights and making us all laugh with your jokes. You certainly made unforgettable beautiful memories for us.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Jeff and Gina gave us the best experience this morning! Had no idea how serine and memorable this flight would be. I would highly recommend Thompson Aire, for all you hot air ballooning needs. Captain Jeff surprised us with many stories and historical events that have shaped ballooning today. We learned ALOT, had huge laughs, and unforgettable views.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I can highly recommend these pilots they are great. I booked the flight for our family of 6 , two adult , two teenagers, and two younger ones. I had booked it for the Tuesday and on the Sunday the weather looked not to great for the Tuesday. I called Jeff who pencilled in Friday as an alternative , Good job he did , we meet on Friday and after a briefing we went to the launch site , Jeff really got the children and us involved , we all had a great time, this was not just a flight, Jeff gave history and explained what we were doing . Then a great breakfast. This company is extremely professional , with outstanding service and safety , I can honestly say you are flying with the best here , if you are looking for a ballon flight all I can say is look no further . Jeff Thank you so much

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Simply the best balloon company? Absolutely, positively without a doubt! For our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife I gave my husband a certificate for a hot air balloon ride with Thompson Aire. Due to our own scheduling conflicts and the weather we had to wait to fly but it was so well worth it. It was one of the most breath taking and awe inspiring experiences of my life. In one of the photos you can see housing developments on one side and pristine untouched land on the other side which extends out for 15 miles. While other balloons (from other companies) flew over the housing developments Jeff Thompson took us over the beautiful and peaceful swamps and forests. Jeff's brother Jon piloted the other balloon and followed the same course. It was so quiet we could hear the sounds of the wildlife. I had no idea that a balloon pilot could have so much control over their aircraft - if they know what they're doing. After launching and floating peacefully up high for awhile, Jeff took us down to where we came within inches of the swamp (on purpose) and gently glided over it. He then lifted up again above the trees. It was glorious! My husband described it as one of the most graceful, peaceful and exhilarating experiences. Jeff has been flying for over 40 years. He's not only extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the art of ballooning, but he was also able to answer all of our questions about the interesting things we were seeing on the ground. It was an adventure, an education, and great entertainment - Jeff has LOTS of wonderful corny jokes. He went WAY above and beyond our expectations - literally and figuratively. There are some adventures that I have experienced in my life that were fun but I don't plan on doing again, like sky diving. But we have every intention on flying in a balloon again. If I'm lucky I'll be doing it with Thompson Air.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter said it was her best birthday present ever. We had a blast. I was a little nervous about how a 6 year old would handle it. She was amazed. We will be back. Thanks for the amazing time.

1  Thank Charles V
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

First time trying this I thought it would be exceptional doing it in America! Truly an amazing experience, collected from the hotel which was a good bit out of the way, and brought back to the city! The sights are amazing. Great staff. Just an incredible morning be sure to wake really really early the ballon ride also likes to take off at morning sunrise. Worth it all

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We have flown with Capt Jeff and his crew six times now, and the experience never fails to delight! The whole thing from start to finish is a memory to cherish. We got married in 2012 on a balloon flight with Thompson Aire and every flight is different. Thanks Capt Jeff and your wonderful family & crew x

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Captain Jeff Thompson is truly and utterly amazing! He made me feel completely comfortable and safe while riding on the hot air balloon. Capt Thompson also conducted my engagement proposal and I must say I was truly surprised and amazed. Him and his crew made my experience as well as my now fiance and family a truly remarkable experience. I have nothing but praise and gratitude for Mr. Thompson and his crew. They are highly recommended all the way from New York! We definitely will be back for another hot air balloon ride and soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

From the very beginning Jeff Thompson was everything you could ever want in a Balloon pilot and businessman. From discussing the best options to take my wheelchair bound mother in the basket to going into detail about how and why the wind/temperature affects the flight plan. He even apologizes for his bad jokes from the get go (personally I found his quick wit humor refreshing and comforting). The meeting place at The Maingate Lakeside Resort was easy to find and offered an awesome buffet breakfast after the flight. The flight itself was smoother than marshmallow icing on a cake. So if you want to try hot air ballooning than go no further than Thompson Aire in Orlando, Florida.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We went for my husbands birthday and had a great experience. Even if you are afraid of heights, this is an ideal trip. Jeff is very personable and you can tell he loves what he does. He is very conscientious and safety is his top priority. After the trip, you enjoy a delicious glass of champagne then off to a tasty breakfast. I like that he did not have his company logo printed all over the balloon (like some of the other companies).