“Loved it!”
Review of Green Meadows Petting Farm - CLOSED

Green Meadows Petting Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Meadows Farm offers a touching experience minutes from Orlando for children of all ages. We have a fun combination of rides and farm animal attractions that cover 50 acres.
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We traveled to this petting farm with our son who is 2.5 and had a WONDERFUL day. Our tour guide, Ruth Ann, was very knowledgeable and kind and our son had a BALL meeting all of the animals (and he LOVED the fact that he actually got to hold a chick, a baby duck, etc.) He's already asked to go back, and we certainly will!

All reviews
"great place for kids"
"chicken"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I'm just going to come out and say it......DO NOT SUPPORT THIS HORRIBLE ESTABLISHMENT!!!! Many people enjoy the hands-on experience, but Green Meadows doesn't promote it in the right way. Poor little chicks and ducklings being grabbed by little kids, the tortured cow that sits all day being grabbed and prodded as kids "milk" it, and so much more! There needs to be more supervision with the staff, they could honestly care-less, as long as they're getting their 20 bucks an hour to watch kids attack chickens and ducks. The rodents like guinea pigs and rabbits are simply terrified! They shake and shiver madly! Also, there is no grass for any of the cows or horse to graze on, the floor is all dirt, feces, and urine! The animals are not taken care of, that is clearly seen.... Any parent who wants to take their kids here is under the delusion that this is a "happy farm".....is it really worth having your kid pet a dirt goat (and possibly get a rare disease), just so you can get a picture of them next to a spider-infested tractor?

8  Thank mattyanne
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The idea of this place had me intrigued enough to give it a try. It was disappointing. You have to tour the property in guided groups, which was not ideal with 3yr old twins. They wanted to move along and see other things and the group was stuck at the current 'stop' on the tour.
The train ride was nice. My son really enjoyed the pony ride, although it was a REALLY short ride. They had a few playground areas that our kids enjoyed the most. However, $25 a piece is a lot to pay to play on a playground.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I took my daughter and she loved being able to pet the animals especially the baby ducks.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I really enjoyed this petting farm and so did my 1 and 4 year old. I like that there is a tour guide to take to you to each animal area so you're not on your own however we were in a pretty large group which made some areas pretty congested. I saw other much smaller groups and wished we were part of that group. My kids loved trying to catch a chicken and a duck and also milking a cow. I also loved that the train ride, hay ride, and pony ride were all a part of the inital entrance fee and not additional. LOTS of picture opportunities with vintage tractors everywhere!