“East Village good for Handicpped Person” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Ranked #17 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Eastern Canada
“East Village good for Handicpped Person”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I came to Orange Lake with my handicapped mother and 2 friends on a timeshare exchange.. I called ahead asking for a handicapped room. It was wonderful- on the ground floor. All 3 baths had walkin showers but the master had a wheel-in model and Jacuzzi. The pool was a walk-in as well, which was very convenient.
We were 4 intentionally, so that we could play bridge. We loved playing in the screened room where we could watch golfers and one day watched a family of cranes walking their babies.
Every morning Mom and I walked down a golfcart pathway to a small body of water where turkey vultures gathered, and we also saw woodpeckers and a heron. No alligators.
There are shuttles that run 7am -12am with knowledgeable and friendly drivers. Necessary to do steps. We didn't have to use the car onsite at all.
We attended comedy night and found it hilarious. The meal was excellent as well- a caesar salad bar and a variety of pastas. The drink menu was extensive and creative, but expensive.

Maintenance staff came immediately on calling, but no one came to clean or change towels all week, perhaps because it was an exchange. I'm certain they would have come had we asked.
We needed help with the safe and a security guy was at the door as I hung up the phone, followed up by a call from that department to ensure we were able to work it.
We couldn't hear noise from any attached units.

Room Tip: Wheelchairs were available onsite for a cost so we didn't have to bring one. (We rented an econo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,366)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Elmwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed there with family on their time-share time and loved it. I was never one to want to travel to Florida as I never had an interest in it but would go back.

They have 7 swimming pools, 1 lazy river, 5 restaurants, 1 kids park, 3 mini putts and 3 golf courses. It is huge but very, very nice.

Our condo had 3 bedrooms each with an ensuite and TV in each room, livingroom, diningroom, kitchen and screened in balcony. It was beautiful.

Pros: This resort is very well maintained, safe to walk anywhere on the grounds, has beautiful birds of every kind all over the resort. You can see the fireworks from Disneyworld at night if you are in the right buildings. The lazy river was lots of fun.

Cons: You have to drive everywhere because the resort is so big. We tried two of the restaurants and the Breezes was ok, the service ok. We tried another where it was the all you can eat ribs (for the guys) and it was excellent. The guys enjoyed their ribs and the girls their pasta. I would recommend the Gator Bites and the Wild Mushroom Pasta. Excellent.

I would go back for sure.

3 Thank bellefemme77
N Dartmouth MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed here for three nights with my sister & brother in law (who are owners) at the East village. We were in town to attend a family wedding. This place is really massive. You can't really walk to anything because of the size. The pools were really nice and boy were they crowded. We couldn't find a seat anywhere. I went in the lazy river on a tube and then was kicked off the tube by the employees. You have to pay 5.00 a day to use the tubes. I don't think they should charge to use the floats when you are paying good money to stay there. I don't like when places try to nickle and dime you to death. Our unit was a two bedroom unit on the 5th floor over looking the golf course. Clean and comfortable. The beds were really nice. I would have slept well except that there was so much light coming in through the window located near the walkway that I couldn't sleep. It was like sleeping with the light on all night. No curtains, just a fake box at the top with some material on it. You couldn't even hang a towel or anything else over the window. There were blinds but not enough to filter out the light from the walkway. That was my only complaint. There was a great screened in porch where you could sit outside at night and watch the fireworks from Disney. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I returned to Orange Lake Resort after ten years without a visit and I was pleasantly surprised to see all the additions, upgrades, and renovations made to the resort and the area. There are daily and nightly activities available all across the resort with on-site shuttle service that runs every few minutes, making it easy to access all the resort has to offer. Plus, there are now so many more things to do in the neighbourhood, literally at walking distance.

The Orange Lake staff were courteous and friendly, saying hello at every opportunity, and the value at the resort bars, restaurants, and shops was excellent! Spending afternoons at the pool and Breezes bar was definitely my favourite part of the stay.

Having said that, I was a bit disappointed with the cleanliness of my villa. The very first day I walked in, I found hairs in the shower, sunflower seed shells on the living room floor, and even a golf ball behind the curtains. I was a bit disappointed, but after contacting Guest Services, they immediately sent housekeeping for a full cleaning of the villa and brought me fresh towels and toiletries.

If anyone is considering staying at Orange Lake Resort, I highly recommend booking. I spent many childhood vacations there over the years and I have so many fantastic memories, this year included. Absolute best place to stay in Kissimmee.

6 Thank alexandra1721
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We were sent a link to this site a week before our holiday, and we were a little worried after reading some of the comments. Upon arrival from the UK after a long flight (2am uk time) we could have done without the timeshare/offer sales pitch. But we were prepared so quickly declined and the staff accepted this. We had requested a ground floor villa as we did not fancy stairs with children/grandparents and suitcase/shopping etc, so were a little disappointed to find our villa was actually a 4th floor apartment. (this may be due to a UK/US language difference). However there was a lift and the apartment was very spacious and well equiped. The resort was attractive and well maintained, the lazy river pool was fun, but can't believe the resort pay for staff to rent out the rubber rings for the river. THESE SHOULD BE FREE as most people only want 1 go round, so $9 was expensive. We did not use any onsite activities such as mini golf as you could not pay for a single game, only a day pass. One other aspect that slightly spoiled the stay was the golf course lawnmowers cutting the grass at 5am outside the apartment blocks! Overall a very good holiday, and if the orange lake managers listen and change some of the issues reported on this site then it would be an excellent holiday destination.

Room Tip: Ensure your villa number is less than 87000, otherwise outside the smell from the Disney sewage plan...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank With2Children
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
13.7 km away
10.0 km away
Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites
11.6 km away
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!