I came to Orange Lake with my handicapped mother and 2 friends on a timeshare exchange.. I called ahead asking for a handicapped room. It was wonderful- on the ground floor. All 3 baths had walkin showers but the master had a wheel-in model and Jacuzzi. The pool was a walk-in as well, which was very convenient.
We were 4 intentionally, so that we could play bridge. We loved playing in the screened room where we could watch golfers and one day watched a family of cranes walking their babies.
Every morning Mom and I walked down a golfcart pathway to a small body of water where turkey vultures gathered, and we also saw woodpeckers and a heron. No alligators.
There are shuttles that run 7am -12am with knowledgeable and friendly drivers. Necessary to do steps. We didn't have to use the car onsite at all.
We attended comedy night and found it hilarious. The meal was excellent as well- a caesar salad bar and a variety of pastas. The drink menu was extensive and creative, but expensive.
Maintenance staff came immediately on calling, but no one came to clean or change towels all week, perhaps because it was an exchange. I'm certain they would have come had we asked.
We needed help with the safe and a security guy was at the door as I hung up the phone, followed up by a call from that department to ensure we were able to work it.
We couldn't hear noise from any attached units.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river, 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face, 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf, a bowling alley, arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resort's activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service, nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Agoda and Wotif.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando