“Very Satisfied”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Very Satisfied”
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I booked two romms. Stayed in 401 and 409 accompanied by two adults and a teen. The rooms were immaculately clean and contained all expected amenities including full fridge, microwave, utensils, bowls and extra perks such as beach chairs in the closet. The bathrooms were new and well done. I will definitely return with more guests. A +

Room Tip: A room on the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank negcreol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hungarian first
Radford, Virginia
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I just left this place and I have never reviewed anywhere, but this time I HAVE TO!!! I always check Tripadvisor and read the negative reviews but thought "some people are never happy" and decided to give it a chance. Big Mistake! I agree with all the negative reviews! The carpet was so dirty, your feet were filthy if you walked across the room. The living room had one lamp which did not work and one window with vertical blinds that didn't open for sunlight but had gaps that left you on display at night. The tv remote did not work. It was the poorest kitchen I have ever seen! We had to go to the office to get a spoon and more than one small glass. One burner worked on the stove. The daily room service was merely exchanging bath towels and taking the trash, no vacuuming. That service didn't happen daily nor did we get washcloths or hand towels most days. The "sliding" glass door took both of us to drag open and it never closed completely. As for the "breakfast", we were told, "There's coffee in the room" which was there the first day and the last. In between we had to go to the office every time! Needless to say, with all this we were afraid to get in the pool! We walked around the pool area and everything was obviously closed and out of operation except the tiki bar which had few customers. The office was often unmanned with people waiting for service. I find it interesting that they have changed the name during the week we were there probably hoping to lose these reviews. We booked and prepaid through Expedia so we were stuck for the week!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HokieDuo

Travellers are raving about these Marathon hotels

Sanibel Island, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We checked in and were given a 2 bedroom "suite." It was really awful. Mildew everywhere, peeling paint, smelly window unit air conditioner running and blinds that were broken off the sliding glass doors facing the parking lot. I could not stay there, and certainly not for the money we were paying! The nice guy working the front desk felt our pain and found us another room in another "updated" building (admitting that the rooms we were in were built in 1977 and haven't been touched since). That room was small but just ok. The next day we were moved to a "much better room" with two queen beds (not exactly a 2 bedroom suite which is what we paid for). That room was ok, but had a huge stain on the rug and when I went to the bathroom I actually slipped off the toilet seat which was not secured to the bowl! (funny, but not really) Also, the housecleaning people seem to think that they can take the towels, but not replace them so the last night (Thank God) there, we had no towels! When I checked out and told the nice lady at the front desk this, she just handed me the bill with a smile. I was so upset but i just wanted to get out and get home and never come back to the KEYS again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank arlene1371
Brick
Reviewed 17 February 2011

My wife and I have just spent 9 days at the Sombrero Resort & Marina. We had a wonderful time thanks to the manager Mike and his great staff. We found are room to be clean, comfortable and quiet. The pool and out side tiki bar were also perfect. Mike recommended the Harbor Point Marina to rent a boat for the week and that to was a great experience. All in all I will and am going to recommend the resort to everyone.
Capt. Jimmy & Carol

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Capt-Jimmy1943
Reviewed 9 February 2011

We spent a week at the resort in January and were pleasantly surprised. Sure, we had read the negative reviews, but we stopped by to see for ourselves as we think reviews can be a bit overboard. I am glad that we trust our instincts and decided to stay. The front desk manager assured us that changes had been made and that the resort was back on track. Our room was really nice and recently renovated.The weather was great and the pool area was awesome. All I can say is that we had a great time, and suggest that others go and look to have a good time.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank richcw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
2.2 km away
13.1 km away
Seashell Beach Resort
Seashell Beach Resort
#10 of 17 in Marathon

Been to Sombrero Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!