See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Location wise Hawks Nest is centrally located in the middle of the keys, about an equal distance from Key West and Key Largo. It is an older resort and unlike most other timeshare units we have exchanged with there are no washer/dryers and they charge $25 for utilities. THIS IS NOT NORMAL FOR THE REGION!

I've noticed a ton of glowing reports on this resort and I think they unfairly overhype the resort. Its strongest attributes is its location in the keys, view from the units (assuming you have a waterfront view) and free internet (its small but very much appreciated). But the unit I stayed in definitely could have used a remodel. I've stayed in places that are truly a 5 out of 5 and this is not one of them. It's an average resort with an above average location.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
6  Thank kingmikey
Reviewed 1 April 2009

I come to the Hawks Nest every year and just because there is a tropical storm does NOT mean it is the Employees Fault...We have a fabulous time. There is a resteraunt that has opened unfortunately right down the road from the condo which will cause alot of traffic. I do not see them being open more than 2 years seeing that the location for a resteraunt is in a horrible desolate location surrounded by people that want a quiet vacation. Anyway the Hawks Nest has everything to do from renting their 2 fishing boats to pool, Jacuzzi, Pool Table, Ping Pong, Games, Books, and the condos are beautiful with very clean rooms and wonderful maid service. I LOVE IT>>>SEEEE IT SOOONN

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank jennyleexo283
Reviewed 5 July 2008

A lobster season paradise, A Home town condo, like apple pie. Been going there for 20 years. If this ole body holds up, I plan to go 20 more.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank jwarpanama
Reviewed 5 February 2008

I have stayed at the Hawk's Nest three times during the third week of March. We have always had excellent weather. The Hawk's Nest isn't new or modern...but it is familiar and friendly. The rooms are spacious...the views exceptional. Although there's not alot do do in Marathon but lay out by the pool, Key West is just an hour away. Last trip we hit Key West three nights in a row...OY! I would recommend this facility to anyone. I only wish I was going this year...

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank WisconsinCityGirl
Reviewed 3 February 2008

I'm so sorry to hear that some people did not enjoy their stay at the Hawks Nest. I've been a visitor for thirty-two years and never missed a year occupying a unit. Yes, I've had to evacuate, but then if you choose to vacation in Florida between the months of June and November you must prepare to have the occasional hurricane or tropical storm interfere with your holiday. Yes, elevators do occasionally malfunction. Only once in thirty-two years did I experience a broken elevator at Hawks Nest. The apartments are clean and well maintained, and the staff are always friendly and accommodating. The main reason why most people, including myself, come to the Hawks Nest is because it affords the most spectacular ocean views in all of the Florida Keys. There are boats for rent at Hawks Nest for a very reasonable price for half day use. My husband refused to bring his own boat because it was cheaper and more convenient to use Hawks Nest's. I look forward each year to the time I spend relaxing by the poolside or using the hot tub.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family