“Ultimate seafood fare”

Castaway Waterfront Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Ranked #25 of 95 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: USD 7 - USD 44
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Description: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner - Seafood, Steaks, Sushi, Prime Rib Lunch and Dinner Daily. Full Liquor Bar and 52 BEERS ON TAP Indoor and Outdoor Waterfront Dining In Business since 1951. Voted Best Overall Restaurant in Marathon 4 years.
Reviewed 16 October 2018

They have one of the largest menus of seafood I have ever seen. The food was great. The atmosphere is one of complete sea and seafood. This place was great!

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,715)

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Castaways is a local favorite that always has fresh seafood and great Island atmosphere.
All the food is good but be sure to have their "world-famous rolls". Casual and entertaining it's a favorite

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 13 October 2018

My son found this restaurant and the reviews were good. It was very close to our resort so we decided to give it a try. The area is a bit sketchy, and there is not much of a view. However, the food is delicious and the service was wonderful. We were so glad we came, and will be back on our next trip to the Keys.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Based on Tripadvisor, we decided to check this place out and were not disappointed. The service was excellent. In fact, Madison remembered us from earlier in the day at the aquarium and took us out on the dock of the restaurant to look for manatees. The sweet rolls were a tasty way to start things off and the happy hour drink menu was great. My mother-in-law raved over her grilled Cobia and she is picky about her fish. All in all, it was a very pleasant evening of great food.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I heard about this place from a friend. It's kind of hard to find since it has no sign on US-1 and the street sign itself as apparently been gone since hurricane Irma. But the restaurant has been around since the 50s but massively updated and almost unrecognizable from its original form. It's got some of the best food imaginable. A breadless tuna melt which will drop your socks and Sushi menu Galore. But it's really famous for its wide variety of local seafood to include lionfish. I ate there several times in October including breakfast. It's got 52 beers on tap! Just an amazing selection. I had Lobster there and hog fish sandwich that totally rocked. I understand they started serving breakfast since December of last year and I had the Queen's Benny. Eggs benedict on top of conch fritters. The sauce was awesome the meal was the best breakfast I think I've ever had. YOU MUST GO!!! But you will need GPS to find it.