“Loved B'fast and Dinner”
Review of Seven Mile Grill

Seven Mile Grill
Ranked #14 of 92 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We were headed west to Bahia Honda for a beach day so we decided to have a late breakfast on the way. The three of us had two 2x4 breakfast and they were outstanding. We highly recommend this breakfast. So after a second day at Bahia Honda we were headed back to marathon and there was a wreck on the SMB. It took 75 minutes to get back to marathon so we decided to try SM Grill for dinner. Yea. I had the best blackened Mahi sandwich ( insiders hint put the Cole slaw on the sandwich SULER YUMMY) my wife had scallops with rice and our friend had chicken souvlaki all very tasty and good. This is a really low key place with great food enjoy. PSM

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

The place is old, we've seen it many times that we've visited the Keys.. This is the first time we ever decided to try it. (And it was our LAST) I'm pretty sure our waitress was Michelle- that everyone bragged on- and she started out ok, but somewhere it took a turn. She tried to be helpful but never filled up our drinks, and really just brought our stuff and disappeared. It wasn't even busy! But the kicker was when we were about to leave.. For the service, we tipped $6. The bill was almost $84. Now I know tipping should be 15% at least! But also, with my family owning a restaurant, I know people base tipping on service. We can't HELP that restaurant is OVER PRICED! We got some cheese sticks, onion rings, cheeseburger, a salad, and 2 grouper sandwiches. $84?! For real??? We've ate at WAY nicer restaurants and even Margaritavile in Key West and didn't spend $84! This old HOT restaurant was NOT worth the money. I had no idea what the bill was, my husband paid, and my son and I got up and was talking to my husband and daughter & the waitress (Michelle) walks back over saying "is this right? $89?" He said, "uh, I think so..? How much was the bill again?" She said "So you leaving me a FIVE DOLLAR tip?!" And he said "yeah".. And she whirled around and walked off. And did this in front of one other family. I told my husband the should of at least left 10% no matter the service so he did.. He walked over and handed her $3 more. She said "well thanks" or "well thank you" with a smart butt look on her face. If you want a better tip- DON'T serve BURNT onion rings! DO check on your customers drinks, straws, napkins etc.. Next time I'll go across the street to The Island Co across the street from our hotel. The view is nice, the grouper sandwich is better, comes with slaw and fries and a pickle and doesn't cost $17!! Don't go here people. Just don't. Well, unless you have money to blow. And then, you'd be better off to just throw a $100 bill out the window when you drive by.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

As we were walking up the waitress asked if we wanted to sit outside or inside with the ac. We chose inside as we'd been out in the heat a lot. I don't think there was ac inside either, we just had a big fan on us. Then they turned the bright lights on which made 0 ambiance. Like I said the food was good but for the price I would expect a much nicer atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We really wanted to like this place. But, to give it a good review would be a complete disservice to our fellow travelers. First, the iced tea was skunked. We cannot begin to guess how long it sat in the uncooled container on the counter. Days at least. We ordered the special as recommended expecting fresh local seafood. They used salad shrimp for the tacos. The skewers were ok but for $17.99 I would expect more than one. All the food was overcooked and under seasoned--bland.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Yummy breakfast and free mimosas because it was 4th July! I had eggs Benedict and husband had corned beef hash. Definitely recommend anything with the breakfast potatoes because they were delicious. Good, friendly service and great value for money. Recommended.