“Lunch by the water”

Sunset Grille and Raw Bar
Ranked #30 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on our way to Key West. The setting is great and there is even a pool if you want to take a quick swim. Prices were consistent with other restaurants in the area. Service was friendly. Food was good. In particular I really enjoyed my seared tuna salad. Large selection of tropical drinks

Write a ReviewReviews (3,585)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Arrived for dinner around 7:30pm. Bar was full and took awhile to get drinks. (Bartender got into a little tif with an obnoxious customer who was bellowing for service, but handled it well. Could tell he was overworked by just himself).

Table call about 20 minutes after that. Was seated at a poolside table near the seawall fence and as it was windy and wave were breaking, the sea started lapping up over the seawall and the mist started to cover the seating area. So we suggested to the hostess that we should move. She wasn't quite sure why so we moved ourselves to a table further away from the seawall. (Eventually, they closed the outdoor bar which was flooding from the tides coming up over the seawall).

Food was just okay. I'm surmost go for the view. Our server was a bit distracted - noticed our beer bottles from the bar, said we couldn't have them at tableside by the pool (fully understand), poured our beers into plastic cups then left the bottles on the table for a good 30 minutes before he realized and came back to collect them.

Service was 'leisurely' (which again is okay, we're on vacation in the Keys). Server was nice and polite even if somewhat forgetful about orders.

So we realized too late that in late-March, the sunset is blocked by the 7 mile bridge! The bridge (and old bridge) were west of the restaurant, so at this time of year, the best view is on the west side of the bridge, not the east side (where this place is located).

We would try here again because it feels like a good vibe, may have just caught them on an off night, and the sunset view was disappointing.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Omgggg the view beers is to die for!!! Happy hour live music outside inside bar and a pool to top it off!! Scott is my favorite bartender hands down. Always takes great care of me and has lots of jokes lol. You can't miss him curly hair and green eyes The food is also amazing! I get the wings on happy hour for $3 bucks and $2 Ultras. What a deal! So impressed with this place!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My boyfriend and I stopped here on our drive back up through the Keys. It was a beautiful day, so the view was hard to beat. However, the food was a bit overpriced for just being average. I got the Cuban which was definitely not "The Best in the Keys", as advertised. My boyfriend got a fish sandwich and the piece of fish was extremely small and he said it tasted as if it were frozen. I can see the appeal for families since there is a pool available, but the food quality was a little bit of a letdown.

1  Thank Stacey B
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Fun and festive restaurant with a great sunset view. You cannot make reservations here for fewer than 15 people but we did not have to wait more than a few minutes to be seated. The staff is friendly, the sushi and other menu items are terrific and the live music was fun. There is a pool outside the open air tiki seating area which is ideal for young kids to enjoy. There is also seating outside by the pool. A very fun place!