“Unmade beds, dirty linen, big roach in bathroom”

Kingsail Resort Motel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Marathon
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Do yourself a favor and don't stay at this place.

Arriving at 9:30pm, you are given your rooms keys only to find an unmade bed, dirty linen, garbage, and a friendly roach in the bathroom. No room to relocate to, so staff that leaves 10pm stays then complains makes the beds with new linen. The guest next to ours is also complaining that housekeeping have not prepared the room.

How about a room door handle that is falling off. If only I could load the video.

Or the other room we had where there was an intense smell of chlorine that was so bad your eyes hurt.

When you complain they will forget about the problems and say there were no complaints that day.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew B

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Pictures on site are not accurate
No dishes were provided
Ceiling fan did not work
Shower had hair in bottom
Shower backed up
Toilet overflowed
King size bed was 4' from kitchenette
Roaches in kitchen

Room Tip: Don't go here, pick another "resort". Mgmt could not care less about issues. We even...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Neat property, typical old Florida style. Room was clean and quaint but squishy for 4 people. 2 queen beds in room with small TV with only 1 channel. No restaurant or bar. Coffee served poolside out of a cabinet. Other guests were blasting Latin music from the time we arrived until 1030pm. Not very courteous. Pool area nice. Staff friendly. Price a bit high for no amenities and not close to food/ drink.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I knew this was a budget motel when I reserved a room. I have no problem with the accommodations because I did not want to spend $500 per night. I went to Marathon for the 7-Mile Bridge Run and made my reservation through an online reservation service for 2 nights 2 months in advance. The week of the race I got sick, so I called the motel to see if I could cancel the second night, keeping the first night (before the race). I was told I could cancel the second night, but the penalty was almost the cost of the room (over $200). So I kept it.

After the race Saturday morning I took a nap. I was awakened at 1:00 by the manager saying I was late checking out and she needed to get housekeeping in the room because she had it rented for the night. I explained that I had the reservation for 2 nights, but I didn't want to stay the second night, so I would pack my bags and check out, thinking I could get the second night credited.

Packed my bags and went to check out at 1:30. The manager told me that I would not be credited the second night because I did not check out by 11:00! I challenged her saying she was getting 2 nights fare for one night since she had it rented. She told me she was going to relocate the other guest to another room. So, I told her I wasn't checking out.

I went back to the room and left the key on the bed, and drove home. They ripped me off and I'll always advised people not to stay there.

Room Tip: Choose Elsewhere!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travel_Guy075
Reviewed 8 April 2017

If you're looking for a cheap place that's older but clean, look no further. It's definitely dated, but the sheets were fresh, the bathroom was clean, and we had a separate room for the kitchen/living area. If you're looking for luxury, go elsewhere, but this place is nice if you're on a budget and not afraid of the older mom-and-pop establishments.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon
1.9 km away
4.3 km away
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
2.1 km away
Banana Bay Resort and Marina Marathon

Been to Kingsail Resort Motel? Share your experiences!