“Really impressive and diverse arts ”

The Rain Barrel Artisan Village
Ranked #20 of 65 things to do in Islamorada
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

So the giant metal lobster outfront draws you in, but once here there's so many local artists and unique crafted items. I ended up spending over $200, simply because I wanted to help the local community, and I had to have some of the items for my home. Uniques and special momento's. Really nice, recommend you stop here

All reviews
in 31 reviews
"keys"
in 96 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is a fun stop as you make your way from Key Largo to Key West. There are a few local artists here with small shops selling items they have created. But be cautious as a number of the items for sale have tags staring, “Made in China”. I found this to be a bit disappointing. I wanted to see a place where everything was made by local artists. Use caution when looking at items to buy, especially in the first area you walk through.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stopped here as I had read about the lobster. I had no idea there would be several little shops here. Most of the items were over priced. The out house bathrooms were not stocked or clean. They had a cute place to grab a quick lunch.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Yes, it is a bit of a tourist trap, but they have a variety of artisan goods and the quality is much higher than you would find in the many t-shirt shops that litter the Keys.

A series of small shops linked together under a canopy of tropical shade trees. Metalworks, woodwork, sculpture, jewelry, clothing. There are lots of different things to browse.

I'm not a huge shopper, but I enjoyed the stop. My wife had a blast.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

One rainy afternoon on the way back to our resort in Key Largo, my husband and I stopped at this random little shopping village. We were pleasantly surprised by what was there. If you make your way thru the cheesy flea market junk toward the small shops in the back, you will find some talented artists and craftsmen with their own little shops set up. I especially liked the glassblowing shop and the soy candle store. There were lots of interesting things to look at. I would definitely go back. It was an enjoyable way to spend an hour on a rain soaked vacation day.