“Good food, good service”
Review of World of Beer - Key West - CLOSED

World of Beer - Key West
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Great food and a great selection of beer. The staff was very nice and very attentive. The pretzel is incredible!

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

This place was cool but it is closed now! My son and husband were very disappointed. Something new will be opening there soon but it won't be as chill or as cool I'm sure!

1  Thank Stefani F
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

It's sibling time!! My brother lives here in the lower keys and loves this establishment and since its been opened we have help him reach his 100 mark! It's a great place to hang out With the fam and chat between siblings, the 3 of us always enjoy the HOURs Here & never drinking the same beer twice!!

Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

Having been to a few World of Beers, I have to say that this is basically like the others. The one thing that's good about this World of Beer is that they have a front and back bar. You don't really notice the back bar until you walk in. Another cool thing about the back bar is that they have the back wall covered in draft handles.

The one big drawback for this World of Beer is that they don't have the iPad menus for the beer. A regular customer of World of Beer will most likely have the app installed on their phone, so the beer list can be accessed that way. A first time visitor might only think that the draft menu is all that's available, and will have rely on server knowledge of beers.

Overall, this is not a bad location. It's off Duval Street at Greene Street across from Sloppy Joes Bar.

1  Thank cb2367
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I would like to start this off by saying I am a HUGE fan of World of Beer. I travel 1 hour almost once a week just to visit the closest WOB (Viera, FL) and I can NOT stress how *fantastic* the service is, as well as the owners, and events, the live band.. it is just AMAZING. Makes it well worth the trip. That being said, I traveled to Key West for a bachelorette party, and talked the 7 other girls into having drinks and dinner at WOB.
Never have I EVER been so embarrassed of a recommendation. I have never experienced such awful service in my 27 years! (And I have been in the restaurant industry for 13 years, myself). Our server was awful, had ZERO beer knowledge, had ZERO menu knowledge.. brought 7 waters for 8 girls when asked. He managed to mess up 4 of the girls beer orders.. and when food came.. forgot 3 girls completely. It was the first night of my friends bachelorette celebration.. and we only hoped it could get better from that point. Except he managed to openly curse "F***" and "S***" in front of us when he messed up, AND had no shame in trying to get us to play beer pong that night, which apparently was the reason he was hired. Our server did say it was his first or second night serving, so I can understand his lack of menu knowledge.. BUT any person with common sense would bring the right amount of waters or know not to curse in front of your customers. When asked about what sour beers WOB had, he said none. As a Certified Cicerone. I noticed there were in fact, a few. He told us numerous beers were out, (which I found out, later, weren't). I am not trying to throw the server under the bus, he did comp the meals/ beers we didn't get. I am just writing to say that as a FAITHFUL, DEVOUT, WOB LOYALTY member.. please PLEASE send some corporate help down to WOB Key West.. it is an abomination and does not deserve to have the World of Beer brand.
I will also mention one other girl and I returned 2 days later in the afternoon.. and there was ONE server for the entire place. We sat down at a table and were eventually told there was NO table service at all...Poor bartender was super nice, but obviously on a sinking ship being the only server/bartender in the place.. I just cant imagine this is how WOB meant for this location to be operated. I have brought so many of my friends to WOB and turned them into "WOB-aholics" but this was enough to make me want to start looking into other places, like The Brass Tap or Yardhouse as my go-to beer haven.
S.O.S. WOB KEY WEST!!!