“Ho-Ho-Ho and Bottle of Rum”

Key West First Legal Rum Distillery
Ranked #19 of 130 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Free Tour's at 1pm 3pm and 4pm and now Free MOJITO CLASS Monday thru Saturday at 4:30!Key wests first craft distillery in history for the Florida keys . Free rum tastings and tours are provided daily from 10pm-9pm Monday thru Sunday . Many types of rums being made while you watch and taste. Walk around the property to learn about key wests history. The building at 105 simonton st was the coca cola bottling plant from 1903 till 1983. Look at the 80 year old bottles found on site and touch them. Also offered is direct sale of Rum, souvineers, home , foods and more. Our rum is gluten free, vegan friendly and all natural no,preservatives and tasty!
Reviewed 7 November 2018

I thought I knew all there was to know about rum until I visited the Key West Rum Distillery. We signed up for the tour and tasting. Enjoyed the history lesson, tour of the small facility and bottling room. We tasted three rums which are produced locally. My favorite was the blonde rum! Of course you are able to purchase bottles there as well as apparel and small gifts. Tour lasted about 1-1 1/2 hours.

Date of experience: November 2018
"duval street"
"distilled"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Just happened to be passing and popped in out of curiosity. We normally drink Scottish whisky.
We got a talk about the distillery from a very enthusiastic and informative guy. We learnt a lot!
We opted for the shot glass and tasted pretty much everything. The ladies on the desk serving were great and so helpful. As I sit here writing this review I'm thoroughly enjoying a glass of Mad B**ch. We also bought some miniatures and a Mad B**ch baseball cap which I love. I'd definitely recommend a visit to this place..... for adults. Kids would be bored.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

The Groupon was $17 for two which allowed us each a goody bag with rum and coke and two shot samples before the door. Friendly staff and fun experience!

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Great place to check out! Cool to learn about rum as well as taste the different kinds of rum! The people there are very knowledgeable and fun! It's a great place to check out...I found myself checking it out on a rainy afternoon and was not disappointed!