“Excellent breakfast restaurant ”
Review of Island Dogs

Island Dogs
Ranked #37 of 60 Nightlife in Key West
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I’m sure a lot more but my wife and I had breakfast there and the service was efficient, the food excellent and the prices reasonable. Had a nice, open air atmosphere but was airy and not very hot. Highly recommend

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

People sleep late so late breakfast places are great.
The omelets were huge and the bacon crisp. The service was friendly and quick.
Yes we will be back for a key lime calada.
Big screen tv's and people watching everywhere.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

The food was good but we felt ignored as far as service went. It was on my list of recommended places so I was disappointed. Maybe just bad timing. We came mid afternoon. Probably an entirely different place at night.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Almost everything about the Island Dogs was great. We went to breakfeast one morning while on vacation and once seated the waitress came to wait on us etc. I started with a diet pepsi and an orange juice. The waitress approached the table and began to explain why there was no straw. I indicated that was OK. We had been in Key West for about 10 days so I was aware of the local effort refered to as "reef relief" which is an movement to reduce plastic waste in the form of straws. I do support efforts to protect our environment and did not have an issue receiving my drink without a straw. The waitress explained she was glad to hear I was not going to be offended and then explained how the woman a couple of table over insisted on having a straw and how that upset her because she was pationate about the environment. Then she proceeded to serve my orange juice in a disposable plastic cup. I also had the feeling that I was not the only person that she was spreading her feelings of disgust too.

I began to think about my stay in Key West and how I had seen the "reef relief" slogan at other bars and restaurants and been served drinks without straws and been served drinks and other edible items in "disposable plastic containers" of one sort or another. I immediately had a feeling that the waitress and others are severely miss guided. I think establishments in the Keys should take this effort one step further and figure out how to reduce the use of other disposable plastic items.. I am sure Key West is a high user per capita of disposable plastic cups, utensils and so on that contribute more waste issues than little plastic straws.

The food was very good I had a breakfeast pizza that was extremely good. It is a shame I was left with the above referenced thoughts. I would have rated them much better. Just to make it clear I do believe little things can add up to big changes but I also think the effort to not use straws is only a first very small step in dealing with a much bigger problem.