Open today: 11:00 am - 4:00 am

from USD 34.99
from USD 128.95
from USD 41.56
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We have been in Key West for a few days. The treatment we received today at Island Dogs is, hands down, the worst treatment that I think we have ever had in a restaurant. The server, Maureen B, had a bad attitude from the get go. We ordered coffee. She brought warn coffee. We asked that it be warned up and she said she didn't know how she could make it any hotter. Our friends mentioned that the customer is usually right and she quipped "not around here!". We tried to get her attention and she ignored us. The hostess saw what was happening, thought it was funny and laughed. It was apparent that we totally inconvenienced Maureen, by visiting this restaurant. This behavior is not typical in Key West. We will not be back.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped in as we made our way through the street. A lot of fun. Good food we had the nachos and the windows with island dog jerk. Good little bar!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The fish tacos were delicious as were the wings. The staff was very attentive and the place was clean.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I’m sure a lot more but my wife and I had breakfast there and the service was efficient, the food excellent and the prices reasonable. Had a nice, open air atmosphere but was airy and not very hot. Highly recommend

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

People sleep late so late breakfast places are great.
The omelets were huge and the bacon crisp. The service was friendly and quick.
Yes we will be back for a key lime calada.
Big screen tv's and people watching everywhere.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

The food was good but we felt ignored as far as service went. It was on my list of recommended places so I was disappointed. Maybe just bad timing. We came mid afternoon. Probably an entirely different place at night.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Almost everything about the Island Dogs was great. We went to breakfeast one morning while on vacation and once seated the waitress came to wait on us etc. I started with a diet pepsi and an orange juice. The waitress approached the table and began to explain why there was no straw. I indicated that was OK. We had been in Key West for about 10 days so I was aware of the local effort refered to as "reef relief" which is an movement to reduce plastic waste in the form of straws. I do support efforts to protect our environment and did not have an issue receiving my drink without a straw. The waitress explained she was glad to hear I was not going to be offended and then explained how the woman a couple of table over insisted on having a straw and how that upset her because she was pationate about the environment. Then she proceeded to serve my orange juice in a disposable plastic cup. I also had the feeling that I was not the only person that she was spreading her feelings of disgust too.

I began to think about my stay in Key West and how I had seen the "reef relief" slogan at other bars and restaurants and been served drinks without straws and been served drinks and other edible items in "disposable plastic containers" of one sort or another. I immediately had a feeling that the waitress and others are severely miss guided. I think establishments in the Keys should take this effort one step further and figure out how to reduce the use of other disposable plastic items.. I am sure Key West is a high user per capita of disposable plastic cups, utensils and so on that contribute more waste issues than little plastic straws.

The food was very good I had a breakfeast pizza that was extremely good. It is a shame I was left with the above referenced thoughts. I would have rated them much better. Just to make it clear I do believe little things can add up to big changes but I also think the effort to not use straws is only a first very small step in dealing with a much bigger problem.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Ok bar close to the bottom end of Duval. Nothing special in an area where there are numerous bars. However, unbelievably, you get charged $3 to have ice with your drink - yes that’s correct, if you ask for Jack Daniels with ice, you get charged $3 for the ice, so 4 if us were charged $12. On this basis, this bar is one to avoid.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We have been to Key West numerous times and never stopped in here. That will change-this will definitely be on our nightly routine. We had great service every night and great drinks. Joe the Show was awesome! We would definitely recommend the Crazy Lady beer and the Key Lime specialty drink!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We didn’t eat here but stopped for drinks. Nice atmosphere & friendly attentive staff. Nice porch for outdoor dining. Wish I had my dog with me. Would go here again if I was in the area & try the food. Fun place.