“These guys found ‘em”

Reel Time Fishing Charter
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

On a day when every other charter on the radio was reporting being skunked, Captain Kyle and 1st Mate Larry found us some fish. They both were VERY determined to tighten the lines. We ended up catching a few Mahi, a Barracuda, a Bonita and gorgeous Wahoo.

This was not my first time on this boat- last year they WON the “Key West Calcutta” put on by the company I work for, beating out about 20 other boats.

I highly recommend REEL TIME CHARTERS, if you are looking for the #1 offshore fishing experience on Key West.

Date of experience: April 2018
"boat"
in 11 reviews
"dock"

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Capt Jason chartered my son, brother, sister-inlaw and myself for a half day of fishing. First Jason, he was very knowledgable, professional, fantastic captain and impressive fisherman! The boat, clean, excellent gear and top notch. The trip, caught tons of yellow jacks, very good eating, them ended our day with 2 200+ lb sharks on the hook, made foe great pics, checked a bucket list for me and was my brother and son's first shark. Came back after 4 hours of excellent fishing. Docked the boat, we had a snack while Jason filleted our fish, bagged and put on ice.
Highly highly recommend, if you are in key west or visiting, this is a must do experience.

Dr. Matt Welder

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank V3351CEmattheww
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Limited out on yellowtail , 1 spotted grouper, 1 cero mackeral (which Larry-firstmate attempted to give to the guy cleaning the boat and laughed it off when we called him out) . If that's what you want book with reeltime. Personally for a 6 hour trip i expect a lot more.

We didn't get live bait until the last hour of the trip. Captain Kyle (nice guy) i realize we booked at the last minute, Stop at the bait store and pick up some live bait just in case you cant get some on the water.

Used open faced reels light tackle (30 pound test). I would prefer at least 2 conventional reels with heavy tackle for big bottom fish. ( which we hooked into a few and broke off every time, not rocked).

My review , Find out what there targeting and make sure they have live bait ready to go. Don't book last minute. Do your research.

We didnt want yellowtail. We caught that on a party boat for a lot cheaper. (with swivels Larry) lol

Larry (first mate) worked hard you wont have to lift a finger.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank mathomas72
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Second year going out with Captain Kyle and First mate Larry. Liked it so much we went out twice this week. Day one we went out for yellowtail and caught more than enough for dinner for six! The next day just my husband and I went out for tuna. He caught two black fin and I caught a 45 Wahoo! Exciting!!!

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank christinek496
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Six of us fished for six hours and caught Mahi, mutton and a lot of yellowtail snapper, bonita and barracuda. Great outing as Captain Kyle put us on the fish from the time we stopped until returning to dock. Paul was our deck hand and was a seasoned veteran. Very helpful and knowledgeable. The boat was a 40' well maintained vessel and clean vessel with plenty of room. This was a great day!

Date of experience: July 2017