[Note: after writing this review in the airport, I checked our bank account and we actually ended up spending more money at Douglas House (our "dud" hotel) for two nights than at La Te Da (our "OMG AWESOME!" hotel) for three nights, so please check out La Te Da availability before booking!]
The location is great and the service is good, it's the rooms that bring the rating down. If you're a college student here for Spring Break or Fantasy Fest and want an affordable place near the action, Douglas House is for you. Otherwise, I wouldn't stay here, because there are other places along Duval that have better accommodations (see: La Te Da or Duval House).
At first sight we liked it because we had a private porch (that locked for extra security), and the accommodations looked dated, but just fine for being in paradise. I hate to say that the test came during bed time, and the sleep quality was poor. The bed must've been super old or just really used because both my husband and I were tossing and turning both nights we were there, and a good night's sleep is key when you're on vacation! We're not the picky types either. Also, the water from the shower seeped past the curtain which made for a wet mess until housekeeping arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A peaceful, genuine Key West-style tropical oasis awaits you with this historic retreat nestled within the quiet, cultural district of Old Town. Luxurious, yet affordable accommodations range from deluxe rooms to comfortable suites and two bedroom/two bath condominiums. Amenities include heated pool, Free parking, Wi-Fi, coffee & tea daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Douglas House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas House Hotel Key West
- Douglas House Key West, Florida