All reviews bedroom cottage the cottages private island breakfast basket a short boat ride three bedroom every morning tennis courts zero entry full bathrooms concierge staff every half hour always on time partial ocean view beach service ocean front turn down service
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Romantic and plenty adventure to discover. The cottages are all setup perfectly, don't worry about which one, just try to find one available! Lunch poolside or lunch at Latitudes it's all great to experience.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S7571
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Sunset key is a private residence and a private resort with a beautiful private white sandy Beach. You need to take a ferry or a small shuttle boat To the resort. There is one restaurant on the island. It is a very exclusive relaxed feeling in a beautiful tropical setting.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank lollygal
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We enjoyed two wonderful nights in a 3br/2ba cottage right on the water on Sunset Key. Located a quick boat ride across from their sister resort, Margaritaville. Beautiful grounds, fabulous restaurant-Latitudes, wonderful service. Each morning they deliver a basked of baked goods and fruit on you porch. If you are looking for a beautiful, tranquil get-away just moments from civilization, this is it!!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becky J
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We stayed here for a three night stay in early January 2018.

There were only two of us, so the only availability left when booking was a two bedroom "Oceanfront" cottage-more than enough space for us. I say "oceanfront" because while technically the cottage was facing the ocean on one side, it wasn't the "oceanfront" we had envisioned, i.e. directly facing or on the beach. When we checked in, the woman said "Hmmm...let me see if I have any better cottages...I mean, not that your cottage is bad or anything, but...." We were a little surprised by that comment, but patiently waited while she tried to find us another cottage (we hadn't seen ours yet). There was no other option, so she walked us to our cottage. When booking, if being truly oceanfront is important to you (and worth the upcharge), make sure you know what you will be getting. In hindsight, we were a little disappointed that we paid the surplus cost that unfortunately didn't meet our expectations.

There was more than enough space, and the cottage was clean and welcoming. We did note that the bathrooms seems a little outdated.

Overall, though, these were minor things, but I wouldn't rate this place as a true "5-star" resort. In comparison to many of the other hotels in Key West, it is probably the cream of the crop. We enjoyed Latitudes, the spa, and the pool.

One of the highlights at Sunset Key were the staff. We enjoyed Dan as our server at Latitudes (thank you for your recommendations), and Valentina and ?? (I forget his name-he is from New Hampshire!) at the pool bar-we really enjoyed getting to know you. Try the cheeseburger at the pool bar-it's awesome! I also enjoyed my massage from Karen at the spa.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
DJ M, General Manager at Sunset Key Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Shanonl451:

Thank you for choosing Sunset Key Cottages for your recent Key West stay back in January. It is our goal to provide exceptional service to our guests and we strive for five star reviews. We depend on the feedback of our guests to help us achieve this goal. It would be a great help if you would send me the name the reservation was made so that I can further research the cottage and associate that assisted you at check-in. My email is DJ.McCarthy@sunsetkeycottages.com.

Also, thank you for identifying associates that made you stay extra special. We look forward to recognizing them for their efforts. Thanks again for taking the time to review our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind Regards,
DJ McCarthy

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

What an amazing place to stay. We stayed in one of the cottages right on the beach. The concierge service is amazing as is the rest of the staff. We were lucky enough to have great weather the entire time we were here. Hanging out poolside was another highlight of our trip. Who doesn’t love to sit in the lounge chair and have tropical drinks deliver to them. I also spend a day at the spa which is also five star. Just an amazing trip around.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dfluke

Dear Dfluke:

Thank you for the great review. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the pool and spa services during your visit with us. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Kind regard,