My boyfriend and I stayed at La Pensione for 2 nights and we were very satified! We had a room that shared the balcony and took full advantage of it! The room was a decent size and had a king size bed. (Not the most comfortable thing on the planet but it also wasn't the worst) We had french doors opening to the balcony and every morning we opened them and heard the birds and felt the Key breeze while lying in bed!! The B&B is a bit on the old-school side but I think that it added to its charm! The pool was refreshing after walking all day up and down Duval Street, and they have coolers and an ice machine for use at anytime. We ended up getting some stuff to drink, filling our cooler and having a nice balcony party before we went out on the town every night! :)
Breakfast is nothing special..... But thats why you walk to all the amazing places that are all less than a mile away. (I suggest "Blue Heaven"... will change your life!!)
The biggest appeal of La Pensione is how close it is to Duval Street! We walked everywhere and had a great time doing so! If you choose most of the hotels on the Key you might end up having to take a cab everywhere, which doesn't turn me on. Being close to everything was fantastic!!! It made you feel like you were a part of the Keys instead of just a visitor!
When we go back, La Pensione will definitely be an option to go back to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1891 Victorian mansion - Directly in the center of Key West's historic old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your La Pensione Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Pensione Hotel Key West
- La Pensione Inn Key West, Florida