“Dinner in Key West”

La Trattoria Oceanside
Reserve with OpenTable
La Trattoria Oceanside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 451 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: USD 25 - USD 50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Next to Airport and Benihana
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely and quick dinner at La Trattoria Oceanside in Key West. The view was wonderful and our meals were satisfying. Not too heavy, since it is so hot, but both of our pastas were cooked al dente and the sauces were fresh tasting. The bread was served warm with a plate of oil and vinegar just right.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The service is quick and very friendly.
The food was delicious! One of the best lasagna dinners I've had. I would definitely recommend this place for a nice dinner with a beautiful view.

1  Thank Brandra2
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Enjoyed our experience here very much. The waitress was amazing as she juggled multiple tables with ease. The food and service were great. Thank you

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My husband and I have always enjoyed our past visits to La Trattoria. Our family has celebrated many birthdays and anniversaries there. This last visit (07/06/17) may sadly be our last. We were seated immediately and noticed a large private party at the front of the restaurant. It was obvious from that moment the place was understaffed. We waited at least ten minutes before we were greeted by a server, who was not assigned to our area. In his defense he was polite and as attentive as he could be. My husband ordered his favorite item off of the menu, the meal with scallops, Cape Santi (?) I ordered lasagna. Sadly my husband's meal wasdelivered to the table overcooked along with a chicken parm plate, which isn't what I ordered. This was not an error on our server's part as he repeated our order before he walked away and we even talked about it being one of the best dishes. Long story short we sat for at least 50 minutes BEFORE my plate was delivered and at that point I was just ready to go. As we sat waiting for my food we watched every management looking person on the floor totally focused on the private party completely oblivious to the rest of the restaurant. Again, our server was more than embarrassed, apologized immensely and even had my meal removed from the bill. Even after all of this not one manager came to our table to express their concern or apologize. I certainly hope the one time private party can keep them afloat since the rest of the restaurant's patrons appeared to be irrelevant to the management. Perhaps they should have closed the place so they could provide the one on one focus for the front of the house or brought more staff in to cover the volume in the kitchen and on the floor. I am willing to bet the private party was pre-planned and the management should have known to staff accordingly.

2  Thank dezig85
Chantelle V, General Manager at La Trattoria Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Good afternoon.
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. Although we do not like to see a negative review on TripAdvisor since it can hurt your business a lot, I do appreciate a review non the less because we can learn from mistakes to make sure it does not happen again. I am so sorry you had a bad experience, from reading your review it sounds like you have been to our location a few times, and it does not sound like you had a bad experience from any of your previous visits to our restaurant. And hopefully you will not stay away based on one bad night. We would love to make it up to you, if you let us. I am not sure if you are a local that lives in Key West or if you are a seasoned visitor to the Island, but we would love to have you come back and enjoy a meal on us.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This fine dining Italian Restaurant is located on South A1A across from the Atlantic Ocean at Key West. The menu is large and sufficient for every appetite. Their pasta dishes are excellent. My choice is the Chef's Peppercorn New York Strip Steak. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you so much for the positive review, we really appreciate the great suggestions to our menu. Hope to see you back real soon,