After reading everyone's elses review of the Speakeasy, we knew we would not be disappointed- and we certainly weren't! This place is truly a gem in Key West- do NOT miss it!
I could not speak highly enough about the staff- they were all lovely, friendly, and made us feel like family from the get-go. The accomodations are comfortable, clean, and in a great location. We stayed in room 3A, and found it to be absolutely perfect! The bed is comfortable, the AC works great, the bathroom was clean (and ladies, there are hairdryers- DON'T make the mistake of packing one, like I did), and we so enjoyed the patio table and chairs outside our room.
The continental breakfast was delicious- great coffee, fresh-squeezed OJ, all sorts of breakfast breads and pastries (with tons of jams, peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, etc.), cereal, fruit and yogurt.
Of course, one of the best parts of our stay- the Rum bar! We really enjoyed the Dark & Stormy's, and there was always plenty of room for us at the bar or the front porch. Though the bar was always hopping, the music and noises were NEVER audible in our room, which was right behind it. This was a plus. A good time is ready for you right outside your door, but as soon as you shut the door to your room- peace and quiet.
Checking in and out was easy, breezy. I can't speak to parking, because we took the Key West Express from Fort Myers. But, if you are also traveling from that end of the island without a car- I would recommend taking a cab. We lugged our bags and hoofed it to the Inn, which was a bit of a haul! But, we stopped in a few shops and bars on the way, and that made it very doable. :)
Overall, a wonderful experience that me and my fiance (we got engaged on the trip!) will never forget. I highly recommend it to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Speakeasy Inn is a landmark building located in the Boutique and Gallery District of Duval Street where you can shop or walk two blocks to the beach or a short stroll to world-famous Sunset Celebrations in Mallory Square! This landmark's recent renovation has preserved the original 19th century spirit of Old Town Key West. The decor in these spacious and airy suites is tropical and features hand-crafted queen beds and tables made from original 1876 pine recovered from our recent renovation. It has been restored to perfection, just for your pleasure. Each one, two, or three bedroom unit has a feeling of true Key West ambiance. You'll find collectibles taken from treasure hunts on our tropical island paradise and Havana, Cuba. Guests who require special consideration will find "accessible" units available. Amenities include kitchenettes equipped with a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker, toaster, private bathrooms, a large screen HD T.V., free WiFi and outdoor seating areas. We also offer a complimentary continental breakfast, free samples of our famous Painkiller cocktail and discounts on drinks at The Rum Bar! The Speakeasy Inn was the home of Raul Vaquez, who was a cigar selector at the Gato cigar factory. Raul's true passion was rum-running between Key West and Cuba. It's in that spirit that our lobby features the Rum Bar open daily from 11am to 12pm (or later). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Speakeasy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Speakeasy Inn And Rum Bar Hotel Key West
- Speakeasy Inn Key West, Florida