When I think of Key West I think historic inns surrounding secluded swimming pools and tropical gardens. So the only reason we stayed at the Reach is that the couple we were travelling with wanted to use Hilton reward points which we used as well.
Since we arrived on the Fort Myers ferry we had no car, so walking the 1.3 miles from the hotel to the top of Duval Street (and all the action including restaurants, shopping and Mallory Square) got old real fast. Although the Reach is right on the ocean and has its own beach (very unusual for Key West) the hotel itself has a sort of a bunkerish feel. And there were some off putting things such as double beds instead of queens, leaf blowing in the parking lot at 9:00 AM on a Sunday morning, a broken elevator, and a beach which was not raked clean of seaweed. Also we stopped at the hotel bar for a nightcap on Saturday night and found it empty and about ready to close at 10:00 PM. Odd for a town known for its 24/7 bars.
So the bottom line is that even if I were looking for a beach resort in Key West, this is not the one I would pick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Key West's only private natural-sand beach, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an intimate, elegant destination for those seeking a casual retreat with the highest level of service. A warm sense of hospitality, gracious staff members, a beautiful shoreline and breathtaking sunshine all provide the backdrop for a memorable and romantic travel experience at our Key West hotel, just steps from Duval Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotelopia and getaroom.com so you can book your The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West
- The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Key West, Florida