Finding reasonably priced rooms in Key West is a challenge at the best of times. I read all the reviews about Banana Bay on Trip Advisor before we booked, so I was sure I would not be surprised. Overall, what I read was pretty accurate. However, the beds, in particular are very old and uncomfortable. Their new television system (with old tvs) has lots of bugs in it still. Each time you turn on the tv you have to manually set the unit to channel 3 first. Also, one night the system went down completely and no-one could help since that night the desk was not staffed. Only a security guard was on duty and he was unable to address the problem. The 'resort' also has wireless internet but the signal was so weak we often lost connectivity. The breakfast was all breads and cereal and a small bowl of apples. The room was large. It was nice to have a balcony to take in the night air. However, it would have been great if it were possible to turn off the balcony light. It had to stay on all night as there are no switches in the rooms. As I said, finding a decent place in Key West is not always easy. Banana Bay is middle of the road and it's definitely not a "resort."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-Story Hotel situated directly on the Gulf of Mexico in a tropical garden setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Banana Bay Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bay Resort - Key West Hotel Key West
- Banana Bay Hotel Key West
- Banana Bay Key West
- Banana Bay Resort - Key West Florida