9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
PricelineUSD 773
Hotels.comUSD 700
Expedia.comUSD 700
FindHotelUSD 720
CheapTicketsUSD 700
Trip.comUSD 825
1,887 results
All reviews rum row food truck blind pig free shuttle mallory square sister hotel shuttle service great bartender every half hour rum punch outdoor bar old town pool area coffee maker nice pool our honeymoon duval st
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2021

We had a wonderful stay and all was fantastic. Coming in we had a rough travel day and they were amazing in accommodating us. Room was great. Pool was great. Food was and drinks were fantastic. Loved it!

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 9 May 2021

The pics of the rooms on the internet are deceiving. The door did not seal when closed and daylight could be seen, television volume did not work. Phone did not work so could not call front desk. Had to go to adjoining hotel to check in, evidently short staffed. Will not be back, the price paid was not what we expected to get.

Date of stay: May 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Cindy B
Reviewed 5 May 2021

Chack in was in the hotel next door, we had few times problem with the toilet and when we try to reach guest service we needed to call few time until they respond to our call (they didn't answer the phone) but I must say when they answered the problem was fixed immediately. The ceiling in the bedroom was dirty, the water in the bath didn't drain, the TV service stop working while we were watching the TV many times.

2  Thank g0jkh3ucpl
Reviewed 4 May 2021

Check your charges! Had a PREPAID reservation for 4 rooms through Hotwire for 1 night. Stayed 4/25/2021. Turns out they charged each and every room $224.08 (1 night fee) upon checkout. The cards we used were supposed to only be authorized for security deposit ($100) and resort fee ($42.75). In all my years of using Hotwire, I have never been "accidentally" charged for a pre-paid reservation. Now almost a week later, I am still trying to verify the amount that's to be refunded. Upon my initial call, Diana said well maybe the charges are for 3 resort fees and maybe someone ordered food or had a drink? Really? Last I checked good business practice was to actually know what you were charging someone for. I replied that we just slept there and did not use any of the amenities. I continued to ask for a receipt of my stay to which she said she'll take my email and says they are "very busy" so it might be a few days before the office manager can get back to me. They didn't seem too busy to take our money but now they are "slammed" as front office manager Dimetrius Simon put it. Too busy to make things right as soon as they possibly can? So the $725 that they overcharged us is of no hurry to them. I was told their systems were being updated and that I will need to fill out a new authorization form to get our refunds due. I do this promptly and when asked if they received it, I am told they did not get it. I re-forward and then am apologized to and am told that they will confirm when the refund is processed. I wait over the weekend and get no confirmation so I email them if the refund is in process. I get a one word reply of "yes". Not an email stating that your refund is in process for the amount of _____. I am a business owner and this is the absolute worst customer service I've experienced from a hotel. It's apparent that once they have your money, you are a bother to them if something is not right. I have a call in to Hotwire and my bank to straighten this out. Never ever would I recommend this hotel.

As for the actual hotel (motel), the room was average. Some mold in shower. The bed was creaky and just felt old. The sheets were not soft but scratchy. Towels were needing to be retired. The roosters were tolerable especially if you look up the history as to why they are there in Key West. It's not their fault! Thank goodness we only slept here for 1 night as I cannot even imagine an extended stay. It's definitely a 2 star masquerading as a 4 star. We stayed a second night at Sunset Inn in Islamorada and had a much better experience for half the price! Someone really needs to look into this place's practices when it comes to billing. Hotwire tried calling them on my behalf and could not even get through after numerous attempts.

2  Thank Carolinelomeli
Reviewed 3 May 2021

The Gates lobby is closed and check in is at the sister Hotel 24 adjacent to The Gates. Staff friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and a nice size. There is a shuttle that leaves on the hour that takes you to the shopping area. Key West has chickens everywhere, and they are no exception. Large pool and Run bar.