New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seize the Day Fishing Charters

Seize the Day Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Key West Fishing with Captain Paul D'Antoni aboard Seize the Day Charters - Specializing in tarpon fishing charters and also Wrecks, Reefs, inshore and offshore fishing.
Saint Augustine, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

Seize the Day Fishing Charters is by far the best in KW! Captain Paul is an excellent guide and he will take you fishing, snorkeling, to get lobster just about anything you can want to do on the water. He is the best fishing guide I know and I have been on the water all my life. We have know Paul for about 10 years now and have always used him for our boating needs in KW. He is very professional and patient!!! I would highly recommend that you go with Seize the Day for your next fishing experience. You will not be disappointed.

Lincoln, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Carpe Tarpon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

We fished with Paul in late July and had a great experience! Our goal was for my wife to catch a tarpon and we achieved that within about an hour of leaving the harbor. I have fished with quite a few guides in fresh and saltwater, and I would rank Paul "numero uno" not only for his knowledge, professionalism, and hard work, but because he has great people skills and is a genuinely good guy. His equipment was top notch too. Give Captain Paul a try! You'll be glad you did.

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Non-stop action, Captain Paul very knowledgeable and personable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

I booked two days with Captain Paul on his center console boat, one full day for reef/wreck and one 3/4 for Tarpon in the harbor. He is docked at Garrison Bight Marina. Reef/wreck fishing day was consistent action all day with live bait fishing and a little bit of lure jigging, we boated grouper, snapper, amberjack, kingfish, and barracuda. Went back to hotel a little bit sore from all the action (the way it is supposed to be!), with a very nice snapper fillet for dinner, and 4 snapper fillets for back home, great day overall!

Second day was 3/4 day for Tarpon in the harbor and channels. We hooked and fought two Tarpon, one at 75 lbs and one at 100 lbs, and this was after peak Tarpon season, so I was very pleased overall with the 3/4 day as well.

Captain Paul was an absolute blast to have as a Captain, a fun guy, very personable, and had great knowledge of the areas he was fishing in as well as the fishing techniques. He also took the time to explain the more advanced concepts of the fishing methods he was using to a fishing addict like myself, and his easygoing manner made for some very fun times on the boat.

Definitely bring sunscreen, protective sun clothing, water, and camera. Also be sure to bring food for fuel to fight the fish! The boat is fairly new and a smooth ride. I am planning on using Captain Paul from here on out at Key West, every time!

Sarasota, Florida
“Great trip, had an awesome time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

I found Paul to be a seasoned captain with a great additude that will put you on the fish. We caught many Tarpon the day I hired him, with the biggest being around 170 lbs. Paul also has quality rods and reels and uses top shelf hooks (if your like me that matters alot). I have fished all over the world and if you need a Guide in Key West Captain Paul gets my vote.

Alexandria, VA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Four Hours, Five Tarpon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

For this vacation, my husband's highest priority was to hook a tarpon. Our regular back country fishing guide recommmended Seize the Day, and it was great advice. In 4 hours with Paul we hooked 5 tarpon, and brought 3 of them back to the boat. This is an action-filled process that involves putting on a belt, fighting 80 to 125 pounds of fish, and weighing anchor to follow the fish when he is winning. We weighed anchor three times, then returned to our original spot, surrounded by other boats, none of which ever moved because their fish weren't biting. Other guides may think Paul just has the mojo, but I've never seen anyone work harder. He was constantly putting chum in the water, even though chum has been hard to come by this season. Plus he was patient and friendly: I got tired after about 15 minutes of fighting my fish (~80 lbs) and then Paul held the rod so I could bring him in "myself" (more or less), all while constantly scanning the water and spotting every nearby flash of tarpon. This charter books up early and I can see why. We certainly hope to be lucky enough to fish with Paul in the future, but are thrilled to have had such a superlative experience even once.

Visited May 2011