“Best Space for the $$”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lance T
Tampa, Florida
“Place was fine, front office worker was a nightmare!”
Reviewed 14 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

When we arrived at Pelican Landing, we were greeted by one of the rudest workers I have ever dealt with in my life. I don't recall her name but if you can get past her and successfully checked in, your stay should be fine. The unit was recently renovated and clean and fine for the money. Expect to spend at least $20 for a cab to the Mallory Square area.

I must explain, that I and my wife alike hold PhD's and are full time professors...I bring this up because the discrimination that we received upon checking in were border line harassment and illegal. The worker at the front desk tried to get us to leave because we are 30 years old (minimum age is 24 I believe). We were told that this rental was a place for 55 and older and fisherman only. Yes this would have been nice if this was explained on the listing...Ironically I am a licensed captain that charter's on the side. She went on to explain that at pelican landing, you are not allowed to celebrate birthday's which just so happens to be my wife's at the time. We were told if I would have specified on the phone that is was my wife's 30th birthday, we would have been denied a room. The logic is still unclear whether they choose not to believe in birthday celebrations there or they were discriminating based on our age. We were told spring breakers are not allowed there and we will be kicked out immediately for any noise violations. This is what I thought was most humorous considering I like an occasional glass of wine and my wife cannot drink due to a medical condition. When I asked her to please stop disrespecting us, she replied with "It is people like you that ruin the Florida Keys" Ok so, if you and your wife whom are full time professors from Florida decide to take a nice weekend trip to Key West and are under 55, you may want to rethink your plans to stay at pelican landing. HOWEVER, it did not ruin our time in KW, we never saw the lady again and even enjoyed speaking with another woman in the office that was working the next day.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The wonderful views of the harbour
Liked least: The terrible customer service lady that checks people in
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
mberga25
mberga25
“Eh........Maybe a six..........”
Reviewed 15 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Basically, it's just okay - not bad, not great. I felt like for the money we spent, it just should have been nicer. The whole place needed a new coat of paint. The carpet on the stairs need to be replaced. It needed to be exterminated - we had ordered a pizza and left the box on the counter while we ate on the deck. Ten minutes later when we came back for another slice, there were cockroaches in the box. It has the potential to be great - but the owners definitely have to put a little bit of money into it.
Location is nice - right on the harbor, but I wouldn't say that you could walk to Duval St. from here.

Travelling group: Friends
Jennifer...
Vero Beach, Florida, United States
“Best Space for the $$”
Reviewed 1 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

This is our second time staying at Pelican Landing. Our group comes up yearly for the Swim Around Key West race and we love the penthouse suites where we can all stay together. This year, we waited until the last minute and the penthouses were booked. We chose to snag the last two condos available and split our group. So - the pros to this particular unit: 1) It's completely updated :) Super clean. Love the decor and furniture. Beds SUPER soft. 2) Space! Even though it's only a 2 bedroom suite, there was ample room for our large group to all eat in our condo and to hang out comfortably. 3) The door on the balcony that leads directly to the pool. I don't recall anyone mentioning that in the previous reviews, but it was a total BONUS! Last year, our pre-teens wanted to swim and we could not allow them to unless we hung out at the pool. With this unit, we could sit on our balcony and be two (or 6) steps away. We also utilized one of the gas grills on the pool deck which was awesome! Clean grill, gas powered and all we had to do was throw on the burgers! 4) Free boat slip! It was great to be able to just pull the boat up and not worry about loading/unloading. We also had two kayaks that we were able to throw around that weren't in anyone's way. We greatly appreciated the fact that we could set them on the dock and/or tie them to our boat without worries of anyone stealing them (at our own risk, of course). I also have to say that I appreciated this unit being right next to the staircase and on the lower floor. We never used the elevators. Definitely a place we will return to! Our hardest decision will be whether or not to forgo the penthouse next year to stay in this same unit! :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
C-S-Trave...
“A good choice in Key West”
Reviewed 25 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We were pleased with the spacious accommodations at the Harbor Island Retreat. The rooms were clean and they (and view) were as depicted on the TA web site. The unit was well-stocked and met all of our needs.

The location was about 1.5 miles from the heart of Key West, and we typically chose to walk into town, instead of spending time hunting for parking. In fact, we enjoyed walking down some side streets, admiring the architecture of the (very pricey!) homes. And all that walking helped to justify some great meals.

We enjoyed having breakfast on the huge patio, watching the pelicans hang out on the docks (duh! hence the name!), and we think we might have seen a manatee floating around one morning.

We booked this location because we wanted a kitchen and needed a 2 BR unit (one with 2 beds). In researching places to stay and reading reviews of other places, we appreciated the spaciousness, having our own parking lot, being a bit removed from the "action," and the value.

Aimeelcol...
“Great place for families.”
Reviewed 28 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Not close to Duvall Street where everything is happening bit we enjoyed it and the unit was nicely decorated and had everything we needed. Huge balcony overlooking pool with a private staircase to pool. I asked for the pool to be heated and the staff bent over backwards to accommodate us.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing