“Great location and pool”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kate D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice with a few issues that need to be addressed”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

8 of us went to Key West to celebrate my sisters 60th birthday. The house is smaller than the pictures lead you to believe. It was relatively clean. The biggest issue I had was that the matresses need to be replaced; they were not comfortable at all. The sheets were a low thread count and very uncomfortable, as well. I should have known better and brought my own but did not. I ended up sleeping on the sofa for the week. The location was great - right in the middle of everything but set back a block or 2 so not noisy at all. The main reason, I would recommend this place is that the layout of the back cottage and main house, it is great for a family gathering. The pool is lovely, however, the water feature is currently not working and that was disappointing. The outdoor showers were terrific, I highly recommend. Plenty of kitchen space and tools for the kitchen. With the exception of the beds, it was a very good place to rent. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The pool and location of the guest cottage and main house
Liked least: The beds and bedding (sheets, specifically). Sheets should never be under 300 count cotton
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
Management Response
11 Nov 2013
We are sorry for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay. We would like to know which bedroom the uncomfortable mattress is in so we can look into this. We are happy you enjoyed your overall stay at the property. We appreciate your comments very much.
Rick92065
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location and pool”
Reviewed 26 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

I rented the home with 5 friends and later two others joined us. So 8 was our max party size.

The two cottages sleep 8 comfortably, the pull out couch in the back house is thin and fits one person (I would have gone to kmart and got an air mattress if we were using it for more than one night). The rest of the rooms are comfortable and clean.

We ate most breakfasts and dinners by the pool out back, so the kitchen can cook for large meals. The knives need to be sharpened and there is one good blender, other than that no complaints.

Washer and dryer were nice to have. The bathrooms are unique and everyone liked the outside showers.

The shower in the back house is very low, I am 6'3".

Location is awesome, you are in the heart of everything. Walk to Duval and in 10 minutes you are most any where you want to be. Great spot.

Pool is awesome and private, we enjoyed it every day. There is wi-fi and cable too!

It is not 5 stars but if you want to step your game up from a hotel and have your own private place, this could be it.

Liked best: swimming pool
Liked least: The kitchen knives
Travelling group: With Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Cincytrav...
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great location! Fun time!”
Reviewed 5 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

We stayed at the Pavilion Villa the week before Christmas this year and had a great time. Check in was very easy considering we came in on a Saturday evening.

There were nine people in our party (4 adults, 5 teenagers.) While the property is described that it sleeps 10... it really only comfortably sleeps 8. The sofabed in the back house was uncomfortable and slept only one person at best. The bed spreads were of "worn" condition but they were clean and fine. The air conditioners were a bit noisy but it was helpful in drowning out the garbage trucks and the roosters crowing!!

Kitchen was adequately equipped. We were delighted to find a blender! The washer and dryer were handy.

When we got there, we noticed that the pool did not seem heated. We called the maintenance guy (George), who responded promptly. He checked the pool and stated the pool people would have to look at it. Anyway, the pool heater had to be replaced. It wasn't until Tuesday (3 days) when we finally had a heated pool. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool (the best part of the house) for the rest of the visit. I was pleased to find that the management company credited me the pool fee for the days we didn't have heat (didn't even ask for it!)

The bathrooms here were a bit quirky but it worked! The main house has a full bathroom with an outdoor shower. I didn't think I was going to like it, but I actually really enjoyed it. My only complaint about the bathroom is that there was no "door" to it. They had a shower curtain instead of a bathroom door... so unless you figure out a "signal" (we placed a barstool in front of the curtain), people can walk in on you. There was a separate toilet and shower outside by the pool that was very handy. The back house had a full bathroom but the shower spout was a little low.

Location was absolutely terrific! One block to Duval street...5-10 minute walk to Mallory Square... It was great having Faustos (small grocery store) across the street.

I read a poor review before we left, so I was a little worried about staying here. However, I believe the pictures were quite accurate. This isn't luxury accomodations and I think it's quite clear from the pictures. This is a comfortable clean place that is convenient... with a GREAT pool!! We had a great time and would rent this place again.

Liked best: Location, pool
Liked least: Noisy air conditioners
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Alan H
Key West, Florida
“Disappointing, Rundown, Overpriced!”
Reviewed 2 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

Every year I rent a house in Key West for the entire week of Fantasy Fest. I invite three or four couples to join me and my girlfriend for the week. For the past four years, I had rented a townhome on the corner of Simonton and US1. Foolishly, I tried to upgrade our location and accomodations. I found the Pavilion Villa online and based on the description of "luxurious" accomodations, the misleading pictures, and the price of nearly $1,000 per day, I thought I had found a winner. Boy, was I wrong!!

This property is located very close to the action on Duval Street, but the neighborhood is sketchy. It is a very old house and has NOT been completely renovated and upgraded.

The main house is the better-appointed of the two buildings, but certainly not luxurious by any stretch of the imagination. The appointments in the main house, such as bedding, towels, TVs, furniture, appliances are cheap and not what one would expect for the money. The omnipresent rumbling of wall-mounted air conditioning units rounds out the ambience.

The separate cottage is downright disgusting. A half-hearted renovation has taken place on the ground floor, with mis-matched furnishings and a reasonble kitchenette. The "master suite" upstairs ranks among the most uncomfortable accomodations I have ever encountered. The king bed was old and uncomfortable, with old dirty-looking linens. There was a 17" tube TV with a broken remote control. The windows had tattered window coverings, and the tile throughout the bedroom was old and dingy looking. The bathroom is old, dirty, small, and the shower is bizarre. The shower head is at an elevation of about 5 feet, requiring one to bend down to even rinse one's head or face.

The worst part of the cottage however, is the climate control (or lack thereof). There are three separate wall AC units in the cottage. They are unbelievably loud and inefficient. At a comfortable temperature, the humidity level inside the cottage was so high, that the door jambs were actually accumulating water drops. The only way to control the humidity (at least to keep water off of the walls and floors), was to run all the AC units below 70 degrees. This created a loud, cold, humid climate inside, that led to sleepless nights and a very uncomfortable vacation. The climate issues in the cottage give it and the bedding and towels an overwhelming musty smell.

To be fair, the renovation of the pool and the pool area made for a nice outdoor area. In an effort to avoid the uncomfortable indoor areas, one could seek refuge poolside. Also, the WiFi worked well.

In summary, this ranks as my most disappointing vacation ever. I was uncomfortable and embarassed that I had selected this property for my friends. Most of all, I felt ripped off! I certainly expected to be at least comfortable and in a clean environment for $1,000 per day. Avoid this property at all costs!!

Liked best: The Pool
Liked least: Everything but the Pool
Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Lindsey12...
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 13 January 2011 for a stay in April 2010
person found this review helpful

We stayed here with a big group in April, and had the time of our lives. GREAT PLACE!

We got there early, and the maid was still cleaning when we walked in. She was hesitant to let us leave our bags there because of liability reasons, which we totally understood. She let us leave them there anyway, and all was well. :)

There are actually 3 bedrooms available, but you can make it 5. My fiance and I traveled with my parents and two of their friends (we're a party crew) so there were 4 couples. We drew straws to see who would get which room, and it worked out fine. However, I would suggest, if you have more than 6 people staying in the house, putting the kids or VERY heavy sleepers in the double beds next to the front door. We got stuck sleeping there, which wasn't an issue, but definitely wouldn't have been my first choice. We could hear the garbage trucks very early in the morning, and after a night out on the town it wasn't exactly the way I wanted to wake up.

HOWEVER! Once I was awake, heading out to the back deck to sit in the pool and read a book was heaven. They had a great sundeck off the balcony of the upstairs bedroom in the main house (there are really two houses that are connected, the one with the master suite upstairs is across the way, I wouldn't consider it the main house) and it was perfect for lying in the sun!

The house was extremely well stocked, we had everything we needed. And the best part is there's a great grocery store a stones throw away that has pretty much everything you'd ever need on vacation. We had a great time cooking out one night.

What a great place to stay with a big group. We had a ball. I'd definitely recommend that whoever stays in the master suite across the way should pay a little more, since they get their own bathroom. Definitely the best room in the house.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Large Group/Tour
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
Tourists Large groups
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing