“great location - perfect space for two!”

Review of Paradise Place

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 29 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“great location - perfect space for two!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Condo was very clean. Pool spa and backyard was very quiet and peaceful. Close to shopping and restaurants. We walked everywhere

A romantic getaway
1ASG
Sarasota, Florida
“If you enjoy sleeping, don't stay here!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Love Key West, Hate this property. The location for this property is on White Street which is one of the busiest streets in Key West. With that said, traffic is an issue along with Roosters crowing at all hours of the day & NIGHT and this bottom unit must endure the footsteps and toilet flushing from above. The bed must be very old or has been damaged because a good night's sleep is not possible. The bathroom is Very Tiny and what is called a cozy shower for two is not big enough for two people to get wet at the same time. The one bedroom closet was chocked full of junk so there was no place to unpack clothes for the week except what you could squeeze in on hangers. There is no back door to get to the small pool in back. You must walk around the house. Check in is self service on a Saturday and the office is closed on Sat & Sun. After two nights of a bed spring in my side, on Monday after calling the Mgmt Co. we were brought some mattress pads. We also had an issue with the ceiling fan in the bedroom. We had two different days of our vacation interrupted, one for the bed and another for the fan without so much as an apology. We received a voice mail on Friday afternoon the day before check out that a new bed was available and could be delivered. Did not get back to them before they closed for the weekend, so that did not happen. Obviously it wasn't real anyway because according to people that stayed after us, the bed is still an issue. Needed a vacation after staying at Paradise Place 1.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Two large TV's one in living room and one in the bedroom.
Liked least: The bed that came over on the Arc
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 Mar 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. It doesn't sound like this home was the right choice for you although reviews from other guests show they have enjoyed their stay. We responded immediately to your calls about the mattress (which was replaced) and ceiling fan (which was repaired). We highly encourage guests to speak directly with one of our reservationists when making a decision where to stay so concerns about things like noise and roosters can be addressed but it is unlikely you can escape either one in our tiny island city.
Glee47
Miami
“A slice of Paradise on White”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here very much. Everything was arranged over the phone and computer. As I arrived on a Sunday, no one was at the office, but I found the key easily and there were directions to the unit enclosed. I felt the unit was clean and well maintained. The kitchen is large, the living room (where the pull out couch is located) comfortable with a large flat screen T.V. There are instructions re: the unit on the fridge (which I missed) so I called the number provided to ask about the internet code and they were helpful. I did e-mail At Home later with a question and never got a response, so perhaps calling is the best way to go. The bedroom was average size, the bathroom small. There is a closet to hang clothes, but no drawers. It would be helpful for the owners to clear some linens out of the closet and make room to put clothes. Also, the closets were filled with a lot of storage stuff, that would be nicer if it was cleaned out. There are beach chairs and towels available and a washer and dryer. The roosters woke me up the first morning, and guests upstairs coming in at 3 am the next, so earplugs are recommended. The unit is on White street and, while it's not a super busy street, there was traffic noise. The bathroom floor was slippery, so some sticky things on the floor would be helpful. I loved the location- it is a short walk to Higgs Beach, about 20 minutes from Duval. There is a grocery store close-by and lots of Mom and Pop restaurants, as well as yoga studios and art galleries. My only other comment was I would have liked the unit to come with some bare minimum staples in the kitchen- salt and pepper, oil and vinegar, coffee filters. There was also no dish towels. The mattress in the bedroom was also not the most comfortable in the world. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay here.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location.
Liked least: The noise from the street and other guests.
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
8 Mar 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Housekeeping will look into relocating some of the storage stuff to allow for more guest storage. We have found most guests are not interested in condiments left over from someone else. The mattress was replaced a few days ago.

It doesn't sound like we WOWed you on this visit; please give us the opportunity to WOW you next time.
Huntsville
Reviewed 17 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers
17 Oct 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. We are dismayed you had some issues during your stay. Please understand a quick call to our office would have fixed it all quickly while you enjoyed the reasons you came to Key West.

We hope to have the opportunity to make it right for you on your next visit.
Orlando
Reviewed 3 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing