“Friends B-Day”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
“Nice but really loud”
Reviewed 4 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

We read the reviews and no one told us that the place is right next door to Willie T's, An outdoor bar with some of Key West's worst musicians. What they lose in pitch, they make up in volume. For our entire stay we were treated to horrible solo acts in the afternoons between 1 and 5 that were loud enough to overpower headsets on IPods on the deck. Every evening the show starts around 7 tor 8 and does not stop until 12am. If you are coming to party it is no big deal, but as mush as we enjoyed the nightlife it is a bit annoying when you have to leave your house every night or listen to that crap. Be clear, the master bedroom that is as nice as the pictures, shares a wall with the bar and the speakers are pointed right at it making it unusable between 1pm and 12am. There is virtually no wifi internet because you can't get on it. The woman from AHKW said that because there is no password to the wifi, everyone on Duval and at the bar can use it! This is stupid and unsafe. We informed the owner and AHKW on Monday about the wifi and that the outside lights for the stairs did not work. The owner said an electrician would fix it, but they never worked the entire stay.
On the positive side, the finished fixtures are top of the line. The best thing about this place was the private roof deck which was great for sunning, the pictures do not do this justice. The kitchen was gourmet and we loved using it, but it is time for some new pots and pans.

I would make clear that I think this place is a great choice if you are not bothered by being right next door to a really loud bar. If you find this a problem, don't stay here. I wish one of the flip key or trip advisor reviewers would have told me about the proximity to Willie T's before I shelled out over $7k so I will do it for all to do with as they wish.

“Friends B-Day”
Reviewed 11 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011

I just want to say that everyone in our party totally loved the house. Plenty of room for everyone. Since the house is right beside Wille T's we had free entertainment nightly and when we closed the sliding glass doors the noise went away. Hopefully this house will be available during fanatasy fest because we will be there.

Luxury-minded travelers
celusnek
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great House, Annoying Neighbors, and Unacceptable Parking”
Reviewed 3 September 2011 for a stay in August 2011

We rented this property for four nights in August. The owner uses At Home in Key West to manage the property and handle the rental agreements. I dealt with Gale and she was very friendly and professional. As this was my first time using a vacation rental, I was not used to having to pay a $500 deposit in cash. Even though I had to sign a contract that said the deposit would be returned within 4 to 6 weeks, she assured me that the money is returned promptly. Stopping and picking up the key was quick and easy.
We chose a house instead of a hotel because we were traveling as a large group. Eight in total, two couples and my four college aged nephews. The spacious living room is great for hanging out with a group. The high-end kitchen is a cook’s dream, with incredible Viking appliances and just about everything you need to prepare breakfast or even a gourmet dinner. The only dining table is outside on a patio. Dining el fresco is probably delightful during January but not so much during humid August. We did have to purchase ice because the icemaker does not work very well. The little grocery store, Fausto’s, just across the street is super convenient.
There are three bedrooms and two full baths and one half bath. The two bedrooms upstairs share a bathroom with a nice big double sink and large shower. The bedrooms are comfortable with decent linens and pillows. The mattresses are average. There is plenty of lighting and lots of storage in the large closets. We put the boys in the master bedroom on the main level. Access to the balcony over Duval Street is through the bedroom. The master bath is well done with high-end fixtures. The boys enjoyed their accommodations.
The little pool is nice enough. Although it was a little less appealing after we found a homeless guy swimming in it early one morning! He apologized politely and swiftly ran away.
The location is ideal for seeing the Key West sites and enjoying the night life. We didn’t even have to leave the comfort of the house to enjoy the madness. There is live music at the bar next door from about noon until at least midnight. The front balcony allows unlimited people watching.
The parking situation is unacceptable. The lease includes one parking spot in front of the second house on the property. One spot for a house that accommodates eight people! But worse, there is nowhere to pay and park if you bring another car. There’s a lot right across the street for permit parking only. It remained a mystery where one could get a permit! Of course, we had two cars. It was incredibly annoying to find parking for the second car. At least we had one spot…until our last night; a group arrived to rent the other house. They thought their house got both parking spots and promptly had our car towed! Luckily my nephews noticed our car was gone when the renters were still moving their things. We went and got the car back quickly before the towing company had time to damage or strip the car. Then we had to drive around for a good half hour looking for a spot to park the car over night.
The response from Gale at the property management company was exactly as it should have been. She appeared genuinely shocked and concerned. She apologized and promised to take care of the $230 towing charge. Within an hour, she called to tell me that At Home in Key West would send me a check for $155 and that the towing company would refund $75 to my credit card. Two days later, she emailed that both the refund and deposit checks were mailed. I received the checks four days later. The towing company has yet to make the refund but I disputed the charge and have confidence in my credit card company.
In summary, the property is good for a large group with one car! I don’t think I will rent vacation property again…I like staying in a hotel with helpful staff.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Kitchen
Liked least: Parking and Neighbors
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
“Best Location In Town”
Reviewed 31 March 2011 for a stay in March 2011

This property is probably the best location in town. It is a small walk to any attraction including the nightlife, Hemingway House, marina, and dozens of great dining spots. The beach is further away, but not out of reach by bike. The check in/ check out procedure was easy. Parking was scarce, but that is the situation throughout the island. We had a great time.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 18-24
“Wedding Fun”
Reviewed 3 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

I used this rental to sleep 6 guests and it was nice and spaciuos with each couple having a room for privacy. The Master was perfect for getting ready on my wedding day with my bridesmaids, mom and sister. Good party house, great balcony views.

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: location and size
Liked least: 6:30am noise on duval
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing