All reviews highly recommend the grand duval street guest house private patio continental breakfast yogurt off the beaten path old town the property manager within walking distance rent bikes quiet location room was spotless every morning old key west would definitely stay here again trip to key west
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This was our first time down in the Keys and I think we couldnt have picked a better base to explore from, everything was within walking distance but do beware it is really hot and sticky in the Keys so keep yourselves hydrated. The neighbourhood the guesthouse is in is the old resedential part of town and the houses are really nice, they look authentic and interesting and it is well worth just wandering around and looking.
Back to the guesthouse, the owners were both very friendly and knowledgeable about the area, worth asking them where to eat as well we went to a couple of their suggestions and had wonderful meals. The room was a little suite at the back of the guesthouse with a bedroom, sirtting room and a small kitchen of we wanted to make anything. The morning were started with a very nice breakfast down in the patio where you could sit and chat and mingle with the other guests, another beware make sure you spray any exposed skin with anti mosquito spray as we think we may have been part of the breakfast on the first couple of mornings!
The bedroom had an efficient air conditioner in it that was a little noisy but you soon get used to it, the bathroom had a large walk in shower which was very welcome after a day of wandering the streets or beaches!
I would definately stay there again, thanks guys a really nice stay!

Room tip: the suites give you a little more room to spread out in!
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Cypriot_man
Reviewed 12 October 2012

The Grand Guesthouse is on the quiet side of Old Key West -- a getaway from the hubbub. The extra walking you will do to get to the action will work off some of the calories from the wonderful meals (Seven Fish and 915 were terrific) you'll have when you get there. One of the best features of this small B&B is its manager, Derek, who will become your go-to guy for all things Key West. Our rooms (reasonable-sized bedroom and nice-sized sitting room with microwave plus a combination refrigerator- sink-stovetop) were comfortable, and even though we were right next to the lovely courtyard, where an adequate continental breakfast is served, it was not noisy. The rooms were clean, thanks to housekeeper Maria, and the other guests were pleasant. We'd go back!

Room tip: If space matters and your wallet allows, ask for a larger room. There appeared to be something for everyone.
Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 7 September 2012

The best part of staying here is the friendly, kind, knowledgeable owners/managers. I can't recall his name, but the person who checked me in spent a lot of time going through every detail of what I could expect from my stay there as well as give me tips and recommendations about where to go and what to do in Key West. I was only staying one night, but he still took the time to help me out. I rented a bicycle that I was allowed to keep until the end of the next day even though check out was in the morning. They also let me keep my rental car in a parking space down the street while I toured around the town on the bicycle (Key west is not really driving friendly, but it's so easy to bike everywhere!). My room was small, but very clean and comfortable and had everything that I needed for the one night stay. The breakfast provided in the morning was also nice (just the normal continental breakfast type things, but many places do not offer anything). The room was one of the most fairly priced that I could find for the weekend. I would definitely stay here again!

Room tip: talk to the managers about your preference when you book, they will give you honest feedback about which room may be best for you.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We had an amazing time at the Grand Guesthouse. Location was perfect, not too far away from Duval Street but far enough to get enough sleep. The Guesthouse was tastefully decorated and our room was beautiful.The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. They recommended nice restaurants and lots of things to do. Highly recommend and would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Dalym
Reviewed 4 September 2012

A much needed “get-away” for my husband and I became a magnificent experience. Derek, definitely has a heart for what he does and we felt “right at home” from the moment we walked in the door and were asked if we would like a complementary beverage! Derek answered all our questions about all the fun and interesting places that we wanted to visit in Key West; and also gave us some very good suggestions for alternative places “off of the beaten path” to visit, that otherwise we would have not known about; the sunset was spectacular, (thank you). We loved the fact that we were right in the middle of everything, yet there was enough “space” to relax; unwind; and enjoy peace and quite time. We parked our car and didn’t even need to use it during our entire stay.

Everything was so special – the “Old Key West ambiance”, the great breakfast and soaking up the charm of Key West. Derek is the perfect host…congenial and good natured. We sure did enjoy our all-too short stay at The Grand Guesthouse (the best of all places in Key West to stay!) Derek has a lot to share with others, and he does a fantastic job. Thanks for making our stay so pleasant. When we visit Key West again The Grand Guesthouse will be the only place we consider staying at. See you again soon!

Luis and Regina

Room tip: Room number 3 was an advantage because once you returned from exploring Key West, you could walk right into your room.
Date of stay: September 2012