“Great place except for the rooster”

Review of Duval Sea Turtle

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 49 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place except for the rooster”
Reviewed 4 February 2009 for a stay in January 2009

I hade a great time at the Duval Sea Turtle. It is centrally located and well stocked with everyday items. My only issue was the rooster that was camped under my bedroom window. He was very loud and relentless almost every morning. Perhaps he is living there temporarily. I still enjoyed the sights and sounds of KW from here.

“Ideal Location”
Reviewed 21 January 2009 for a stay in January 2009

Pros:
- Great Location
Close to Southern Most Beach
Great restaurants and clubs nearby
Best shopping just steps away
- Accomodations very clean and comfortable
- Friendly permanant residents
- Cutest, friendliest kittys

Cons:
- Noisy garbage trucks early in the morning
- Crowing roosters all night long
- Pool and surround not heated and in need of maintenence
- Condo landscaping has been under repair for two years. Maybe next year it'll be finished.

“Great Space”
Reviewed 9 January 2009 for a stay in December 2008

This is an fanastic property in a great location at a reasonable price. Beingjust steps from Duval Street is a huge benfit. The property is outfitted with everything one could want. Our only neagtive was that upon arrival and reporting the air conditioning not working, it took two days and several calls to get it fixed. Sleeping with the doors and windows open for two nights "intensified" the 1:30 am rooster experience but yuo need to bring earplugs for the roosters anyway.

“Nice Place”
Reviewed 20 November 2008 for a stay in October 2008

Very nice place. Stayed for almost a week and found it quite comfortable. Surprised at all the amenities. Only thing we werent used to during our time there was the fact it is at the "far" end of Duval from where we normally stay. I don't drive or ride anything when in Key West I only walk and it a ways down to the other end of Duval. Probably would not be a deterrent from staying there again next time. Nice mix of owner occupants and vacationers at the location. All good.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Clean, spacious
Liked least: Long way down Duval
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
A TripAdvisor Member
“Duval Sea Turtle Delight!”
Reviewed 20 November 2008 for a stay in May 2008

We stayed a week at the Duval Sea Turtle. It was one of the best vacations of my entire life. The condo was awesome and the perfect location for us. It was like being "at home away from home". I would HIGHLY recommend this condo. If I go back to Key West, I will definitely reserve this place. KUDOS!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing