“Beautiful Home close to everything”

Review of Artist Garden

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mabeena
Bronx, NY
“Beautiful Home close to everything”
Reviewed 7 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We stayed at the Artist Garden for our triple birthday celebration (3 friends within a week). The house is beautiful. It is located within Truman Annex. And you can seriously walk to everything from it. Walk up one road and you are right by Mel Fishers. Walk out another and you are right by Garbos Grill. Super convenient location.

The house is tucked in a corner on Admirals lane. You enter into the kitchen which had a large counter top, great for congregating. But the first thing you notice besides the house being mostly white are all the paintings. We were traveling with a 6 year old and a 5 month old. I'm not going to lie, those two things made me a bit nervous. I did however have many a good afternoon siestas on the couch! There is a great patio on the side of the house with a few tables, ;lounge chairs and a grill. The garden was so very relaxing just sitting out there having coffee. Upstairs are two bedrooms 2 baths and a laundry room. (look at the pictures, they don't lie).

Find, read and sign the guest book. Such a simple thing but it really made the house feel more homey.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location to everything
Liked least: Beds were a bit to firm for me but that is a personal preference not a complaint
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Reviewed 19 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
A TripAdvisor Member
“Key West Heaven”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed a 2 week stay in this beautiful house. The location is perfect. We were only a 5 minute walk to Mallory Square and a 10-15 min walk to other favorite restaurants.
We walked and biked everywhere. Bikes can be rented a few blocks away on Eaton St. The pool area is small, but never crowded. The area is quiet--except for roosters in the morning -which we thoroughly enjoyed.
Depending on the direction of the wind we did hear some noise from the bar a couple blocks away. It was minimal and did not interfere with our sleep.
Cocktails on the deck was our favorite time of day.
A couple of nights we decided to stay in and cook. There is a small market within walking distance, fish market on Eaton St and The Old Town Bakery. Stops at these stores were easy and close to home; especially on bikes.
The house has many beautiful paintings that made us feel as though we were living in a wonderful gallery.
Our neighbors were delightful and we can't wait to stay here again next year.

Check-in / front desk
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Toronto
Reviewed 20 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Check-in / front desk Service
A TripAdvisor Member
“Artist appreciation”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

When my wife's not happy; I'm not happy.

So the really good thing was to hear her say how charming she thought the artist Garden was.

Now that our 3 children are "adults", this was perfect for the 5 of us. My favorite aspect was the back patio. The grill came in handy a few times too.

We were glad it was so close to downtown but it was nice to be able to come back to the Garden to relax and soak in the artistry.

I guess the schedule for garbage/recycling changed so we were unable to dispose of the trash. Sorry about that. The one upstairs bathroom was slow draining at first.I plunged it and it seemed better but you might want to check it.

All and all a great experience.The internet, kitchen, and the king bed was awesome.

Check-in / front desk Service
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing