“Finn Key is a great place to kick back and relax!”

Review of Finn Key

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 33 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Finn Key is a great place to kick back and relax!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

My husband and I and our 18y/o son stayed over spring break. We liked the fact the shipyard is a gated community. Our favorite time was to kick back and relax on the patio. We also made daily visits to the shared pool.We rented bikes for the week so was easy to get around. Duval street,the beach,the fort and little White House are all close by both bike or foot. The house had everything we needed and the rental agency was easy to work with. We'd definitely return.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Location great, but unit is just average for the price”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I would not rent this unit again, but had a great time in Key West. The things I liked about Finn Key were (1) excellent location, walking distance to everything--the Truman annex is a peaceful & beautiful oasis with gorgeous landscaping, but close to all the lively restaurants, bars & attractions you'd want; (2) the unit is next to the pool, which was perfect for our young kids (4&6); (3) the master bed is so comfortable. However, these pros did not outweigh the cons: (1) we rented the unit because of the ground level patio & grill, but couldn't use it much of the time due to the leak from the upstairs resident and an entire day taken up by aC repairmen being stationed in our patio to replace the neighbors' AC; (2) ACs for both units are in the patio (about 4 feet from the dining table) and are very noisy so we rarely sat outside--it was not hot, but the upstairs neighbor ran his aC all the time; (3) the upstairs neighbor is openly hostile to renters, but expected us to accommodate him during our 1 week stay; (4) couch and rug were dingy--rug was so dirty the fringe was gray & filthy; (5) kitchen is so small only 1 person can fit; (6) units were shoddily built so very loud appliance/plumbing noises came from upstairs unit every night; (6) leak from upstairs onto this unit's patio took 3 days to resolve--a constant drip and puddle of water in front of the gate & grill were unsafe & inhospitable; (7) we were disappointed ahkw did not respond to our request for break on fees as a result of not being able to use our patio for an entire day due to planned replacement of upstairs' AC and inconvenience of leak into patio.

Management Response
14 Mar 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. Housekeeping will certainly take care of the couch and rug if cleaning is needed.

It is always a balance to choose a perfect home away from home. It is desirable to live within the Old Town area of Key West because of the convenience to all the sights and attractions; that convenience comes with the price of living within the downtown area of a city -- noise, construction, neighbors, early morning deliveries, and in Key West, roosters!

We would welcome the opportunity to make your next visit more enjoyable, maybe staying a little further from Old Town.
“Finn Key”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

Downstairs unit, great location, near the pool. The pipes rattled in our master bedroom every time the upper unit flushed the toilet, showered, or turned on the water. We got interrupted sleep at least three times a night. Moved to the guest bedroom to avoid the noise, beds were unbelievably uncomfortable...back to the Master. We didn't call for service because we didn't want service people in and we didn't want to move to another unit. (none were available that week anyway) Very noisy when the occupants upstairs walked around on hardwood floors. Loved the outside deck with the extended sun barrier. Couldn't believe how cheaply those condos were built. I guess you pay for the location. Have been to Key West dozens of times. Will likely go back to staying in a hotel.

Management Response
20 Feb 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. Just like anywhere else, some homes are more soundproofed than others. Many guests have thoroughly enjoyed this home. Given the opportunity, we would love to find the perfect spot for your next visit.
OH
Reviewed 14 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Minneapolis
Reviewed 7 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing