“Outstanding!”

Marquesa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Key West
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The Marquesa was conveniently located in town,the service was impeccable,and our room was beautiful and clean. I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank KristiGolden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Melville, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Beautiful place. Friendly service . Great location . Walk to Duval Street

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank PeterLongIsland
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here two nights and couldn't get a third night so moved on to another hotel. This place is run beautifully. The breakfast in the courtyard is great, everything is immaculate and stylish, even the orchids are all blooming. The guests seemed a little uptight but management can't control that. For instance, one night three of us gathered on our porch at 6 pm to share wine before dinner and the woman in the adjacent room came out and said, "Could you please keep it down- we're trying to take a before dinner nap!" Not as if we were running our own karaoke machine, geez!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Sally C
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I planned a short visit with our daughter who lives/works in Key West. She suggested The Marquesa Hotel so I asked her to simply make the arrangements for us. We were simply delighted upon our arrival and cannot wait to revisit. I called this review the "Key West tease" because I intend to stay longer next time, just to allow quiet time to sit on the patio or sit by the pool. I intend to have a hot cup of coffee and a great book and will "accidently" leave my cell phone in the room. We lead such harried lives - the serenity and beauty of the Marquesa was just what the Dr. ordered and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I tend to enjoy "space" so we asked for a room with a sitting area. I am up bright and ear...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Rosina N
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have just returned from an absolutely wonderful stay at the Marquesa, where I am torn between determining whether the service, or the actual room was best. From the moment I called to place my reservation, I received first-rate, warm, and precise service. Really, flawless. This level of service is so unexpected that it really is such a pleasant "shock" to experience. The purpose of my trip to Key West (my first visit) was to explore the area, escape the mid-winter chill in the Midwest, and to have a fun time with a good friend. We booked two rooms adjacent to one another, and really used the Marquesa as our base of operations for heading out to nearby Duval Street and other popular Key West venues. We also enjoyed simply sitting on our veranda, listening to the soothing sounds of the courtyard, and quiet. My room was spotless - very clean, fresh linen and a comfortable bed, where i enjoyed a quiet night's rest. Bottom line: I travel all over the world, and have stayed in many legendary places. Marquesa is among the very best.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends