2,671 results
All reviews beach bar private beach chart room lanai room dockside suite mallory square end of duval street turtle pond perfect location garden view large balcony bars and restaurants watch the sunset great resort trip to key west walking distance to everything free shuttle
Reviewed 15 January 2015 via mobile

After ten days in a townhouse in Old Town, moved to the Pier House to bring in the New Year. What a fantastic choice... A real pleasure at the end of Duval...good food, nice beach, music and service were a bonus
No trouble ever repeating this adventure... Best New Years Eve...EVER !!!!

Date of stay: December 2014
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2015

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and for sharing New Years with the team. I hope that you book early for next year as we fill up quickly. I encourage all of my guest to call our in house reservations team to assist you with your booking. They will ensure that you receive the best room for the best price. I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2015

Location is right on Duval St and very convenient to Sunset Pier, restaurants and CVS. We had a Jr. Suite in the Spa Bldg and will do it again. Easy in and out and quiete.lovely pool and beach are with open air bar and food.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and I am glad that you enjoyed your first visit to the Pier House. On your next visit please visit our new fine dining restaurant, One Duval. It has a three and five course tasting menu. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days and enjoyed every day. Almost everything we wanted to see was within walking distance. The hotel is well maintained and the staff friendly and very helpful. We highly recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family

I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House Resort and Spa and took advantage of all of its amenities. On your next visit, please call our in house reservations team to assist you with the booking. I look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed 12 January 2015

We were more than disappointed at the hotel, the accomodations and especially the lack of consideration by management. We shelled out the extra money to stay at a higher end hotel as a special anniversary treat and a special life celebration a few months after I had a stroke, which nearly took my life. We were placed in a room ground floor, that was an arms length across from the bar and got all of the noise just outside our sliding window, till the early hours of the morning. Why we were placed in that room I'll never know. The room smelled of mold as if a hurricane came through the room and perhaps the carpets were not replaced. Lifting up the comforter there were fresh, yellow stains as if someone got sick. The shower was stopped up and ran slow. Pool was hazy, full of leaves and unclean so we did not use. The food left a lot to be desired. Only plus was the door and bell hop young staff which were more than courteous and pleasant. I did take time on our return home to write a personal note to the manager of the hotel of our displeasure and bad experiences. To that end, I was very disappointed we did not even get a reply or taken seriously, which I thought was disgraceful. I only post my displeasure because I did take the time to write to the manager and it was not worthy of even a reply. So, I thought this was in all fairness. I chalk my bad experience up to live and learn, my shyness of not wanting to make trouble and, know now I should have reported our displeasure first hand to get another room but, that would not make up for the other misfortunes. I will never get over the fact that even the management does not respond to hand written, mailed letters of complaint. This was probably one of our worst vacations ever!

Date of stay: April 2014
13  Thank happytrails428
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2015

I would like to apologize for the service shortcomings you experienced during your stay. The things that you mentioned are very uncommon for our guest to experience during the stay. I can not understand about the mold smell regarding the carpet as we do not have carpet in our guest rooms. I would suggest that you bring issues during your stay to management as we will make sure that they are resolved during your stay. Please call me directly to discuss your stay further as I have not received your letter. I look forward to your call.

Reviewed 12 January 2015

We just got back from Key West last week (1/7/2015). Stayed at The Pier House, initially were in the Jr. Spa Suite which is in a different building from the main hotel. Beautiful room, but the veranda doors were screwed shut so we couldn't really enjoy the open air. The staff, very accommodating, changed us to a smaller garden view room. Smaller room, but still very nice. This one did have to have a separate dehumidifier in the room. I don't mind white noise but it may bother some light sleepers. We had asked if there were any rooms with a view, but were told the hotel was full. I'm not sure if that was the case because there weren't many people at all on the beach or anywhere else around the hotel. Still for $380/night I thought we could at least have a bit of a view. Enjoyed the beach, it is small, but considering it's Key West, it was very good. Again the staff at the beach and beach bar were very nice and very accommodating. Key West is a bit cheesy, lots of cruise ship passengers it seemed every day flooded Duval. Good for businesses but if you're looking for more relaxation then I would stay off Duval from 11am-7pm. Also Key West is not great for kids in my opinion, not much activities for them. Mostly shopping and restaurants.

Room tip: Definitely get a room with a view, that would make it worth it. Spa building rooms have lots of noise from the roosters. (Lots of free range roosters in Key West..)
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your survey and I am glad that the team was able to accommodate your request. We have been sold out and many guest like to take to Duval Street when the weather gets a little breezy. This is a very bust time and many of our ocean view rooms are booked first. Call the in house reservations team and they can assist you with booking a harbor view room. I hope to see you soon.