My wife and I chose the Pier House after reading a lot of positive reviews on Trip Advisor recommending it. We stayed for 5 nights. It was an all around great experience. The staff was all very friendly, the accomodations we excellent and the location can't be beat. With the hotel right on the North end of Duval Street where it meets the ocean almost anything in to see/do in Key west is a 10 minute walk away. The harbor is just to the east, Mallory Square to the west and most of Duval street is right there for you. My wife was 5 months pregnant so the short walks were VERY appreciated. They do offer free parking if you need to get anywhere far and have a car you neet to store while you are in town.
We took everyone's advice and got a room facing the Gulf. Some of the rooms do border close to Duval/Front street which gets loud especially close to bar closing time so something facing the garden/pool in the center of the hotel or facing the harbor will be MUCH quieter. If you are someone who might still be in the bar at closing time it won't matter. We were there over college spring break time and some people on our floor started to get a little rowdy before heading out one night but hotel security shut that down around 11:00 and made sure they knew to take the party someplace else after getting back for the evening. I've been to some hotels where the staff is reluctant to get anyone upset so the quick action was appreciated.
- Both my wife and I felt the breakfast at the cafe each morning was excellent. There was no need to go elsewhere unless you wanted something quick before heading to an activity for the day.
- Housekeeping leaves a door hanger where you can mark when you will be out of the room so they know when to come in and clean up while you are gone.
- The wine bar has live entertainment each evening which we found to be very good and wrapped up at the right time. Good for sitting out and relaxing at the end of the day.
- The beach attendants to a nice job cleaning up the beach throughout the day so that it's always very orderly on their beach. No seaweed or empty glasses moving around.
- Free towels and water at the beach and pool. Nice.
Our only complaints:
- While the breakfast was very delicious they need more waitstaff in the morning. Two waiters for around 20 tables in the morning just doesn't cut it.
- The chairs for the beach and the pool are older and kind of uncomfortable. They could use an upgrade.
Just a really nice well done experience from a hotel in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhaps nothing is more "Key West" than the Pier House Resort and Spa -it's like no other. Elegant accommodations, lush gardens, a private beach, a selection of restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and a for real let-your-hair-down attitude all come together in a tropical escape that simply can't be duplicated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Odigeo, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pier House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pier House Hotel Key West
- Pier Hotel Key West
- Pier House Key West Florida
- Pier Key West
- Pier House Resort & Spa Key West, Florida