“Beautiful but loud”

Calusa Campground Resort & Marina
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Calusa Campground Resort & Marina
Reviewed 20 January 2017

The grounds are very well kept, the pool area immaculate. Like it says on the map received at check-in "celebratory music is played by owners outdoors frequently until quiet hour" and this means music so loud you cannot talk in your yard and sometimes in your trailer. This is giant speakers turned up to deafening volume (especially the northeast side). Be warned.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian S

Reviewed 20 January 2017

Our overall experience was average. The place is noisy at night. Many of the guests at this place tend to play loud music into the night. I found out at the end of our stay that if we would have called security, security would have come out and told the noisy people to quiet down. This campground is a good location because you are right across the street from a really nice state park and a good grocery store that carries organic vegetables. Moreover, the campgound is about an hour from the Everglades National Park, and there is a gym about 8 or 9 miles from this campground as well. I would have given this place a higher rating, but when we called, they told us that we would be in site 96. When we got there, they gave us site 41. It worked out for us because site 41 was a good site, but we just as easily could have gotten a site in the back of the campground, which is not very nice and even noisier than the rest of the park. I was told by other guests that they were promised sites 96, 97, or 98, and then when they arrived, they were put in another site. We enjoyed our site because it was large and it had an out door kitchen.

Room Tip: The sites closer to the Bay are much nicer. The further back away from the Bay, the sites are not v...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I absolutely loved my stay at Calusa campground! The grounds were beautiful. Staff were friendly and went above and beyond in order to make us feel welcome! We stayed four days and never once we're we disturbed by noise or rude campers, staff, locals. I'll definitely stay again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Veronica L
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Most of the park is privately owned, so I felt like an outsider. Most of the people management as well as the homeowners where Not very welcoming. We felt as if they where doing us a favor by letting us stay at their park. The people that live or own there do whatever they want, however, we were under a microscope at all times. Would not go back.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Yeny L
Reviewed 15 September 2016

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!
Let me start by saying I never felt the need to review anything however after being victimized by the management at this park I want to warn others to stay away from these liars and crooks.I had booked my reservation months in advance and I traveled hours to the campground with a 40ft coach w/4 slides towing a motorcycle and car. Only to be subjected to 3 workers on a tugboat screaming over the engine and pounding in beams for construction on the seawall in front of my site. I complained to management for days and each time I was lied to saying they were done. Finally the manager told us in front of another office staff that she would refund our stay as she had no other sites that would accommodate us. We looked for other accommodations in the area and didn’t find anything else so we decided to just stay the night and leave the next morning, a day early. That night at 4 minutes prior to the office closing we received a voicemail saying since we had not left the manager was not going to return any of our money! We tried calling back no answer and in the morning not only she wouldn’t refund us for the days of abuse she even refused to credit for the day we were leaving early. Do not stay at the resort and ruin your vacation there are other reviews also complaining about management I wish I had listened.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple