This review is long overdue but better late than never. I would like to thank Robert K for a wonderful stay. The only reason my family and I have not been back to this lovely rental is because we are exploring other parts of Florida. (We will be in Siesta Key this coming October 25-30, 2018 and Key West for Dec29, 2018-Jan05, 2019!!)
These were the things that we loved about the house:
1. The house was a big hit because it was spacious enough that everyone got some sense of privacy even though we were 4 families in this one trip! I loved that the house was clean and smelled clean when we arrived! Getting into the property was a breeze! The kitchen was amply stocked with lots of extras that came very handy for cooking. The dining table was just the right size for our big group and it was great that we all got to sit together for every meal that we shared.
2. The Man Cave/game room was such a big hit for the men. They didn't get bored while the women prepared and cooked the meals. They were content to just stay indoors and didn't get on our nerves!
3. The Tiki Hut became the favorite hangout spot by everyone! The adults and the kids all enjoyed staying in that hut!
4. The outdoor hot tub was great!
5. We used the kayaks/canoes everyday that we were there!
6. The female neighbor who lives on the house beside the property was very friendly!
The only reason I didn't give this place 5-stars is because there were things that should have been addressed and replaced at that time we rented it out for one week between Dec2016 and Jan2017. But I am sure that the owner has handled everything by now:
1. The mattress in the 2nd bedroom closest to the common bathroom, in my opinion, needed to be replaced. The couple who occupied that room at that time said, they would both try to sleep at their respective ends of the bed but they always ended up being squished against each other in the middle of the bed because the mattress was badly sagging in the middle.
2. The towel rod in 3rd floor bathroom kept falling off. It was not properly attached to the wall.
3. The billiard sticks in the game room could no longer be used as the tips were all broken.
4. The water in the hot tub never really got hot (LOL) so we couldn't use it during the chilly nights that we were there.
5. I am a very light sleeper so it was difficult for me to sleep in the 4th bedroom because of the noise coming from the "electricals" enclosed in a closet in that room.
Please note that none of the above are dealbreakers for us. There was more good than there was bad. When we go back to Key Largo, we will definitely try to rent this property again, if Robert K will allow us. Thank you for letting us stay back then!
This is an amazing property right on the water! We kept our boat docked out back which made it super easy to leave early in the AM to go fishing...came home with A LOT of Mahi-Mahi. When we weren't on the water we were relaxing under the Tiki Hut which is where we spent most of our time. At night we were either relaxing in the hot tub or on the roof enjoying all the stars. A few times, manatee came right up to the dock..which was super cool! When we arrived, we found the house VERY clean and well stocked. All the furnishings were comfortable and in great condition and we felt right at home here. This was a wonderful vacation for my whole family and when we come back to Key Largo we will definately stay here again!
Our 8 person family (ages ranging from 19 to 90) spent our Christmas vacation at this property and we thought it was incredible. The canoes and kayaks were one of the highlights and we were able to paddle around everyday and interact up close and personal with wild Manatees! It was truly magical. The roof-top was great for sun-bathers. The bottom floor was perfect for recreational use and party-time. There is a grocery store near-by so we shopped and cooked big family meals and grilled out a lot. The huge tiki hut and hot-tub were two other main attractions where we enjoyed the beautiful weather, Christmas movies, meals, and each other...Life!
The only thing we would have wanted (our family personally) is more beach towels for day trips (couldn't really fly them over in suitcases), a louder speaker for outdoor TV in tiki hut, and wouldn't have minded little cable TVs in the bedrooms. I know, who watches TV on vacation, but staying in one house that long with your whole crew can get overwhelming and sometimes you need your own space and chill time! We were also really jealous of the neighbors pool and wish we would've had a little one of our own. :-)
The house was nice and clean and sat right on the channels where manatee and iguana were always around to few. It was very relaxed and quit. Tons of room in the house. Could totally hold more then 8 people but then it would start to be crowded. Enjoyed the kayaks to go out on the water. The reason for 4 instead of 5 is the hot tub was broken when we arrived and we never got to us it. Also the dock seemed alittle unstable and could use an update for safety reason. Also the bikes need some maintenance.