1,012 results
All reviews la marea sand bar ceviche bar las olas growing pains pineapple mojito valet staff kids club welcome cocktail zero entry pool area corner suite beautiful property sushi restaurant beautiful pool fire pit bay front
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I loved this resort. We were obsessed with it the second we stepped on the beach. Normally we stay at hotels were you have to wake up at 6am just to get a spot by the pool or beach, but here we didn't have to rush for anything. 11am the bar opened and the beach chairs have a convenient little flag you put up and the server comes right over. This resort was comparable to the Ritz and is by far our new favorite spot.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirby W
ErikC1748, Front Office Manager at Playa Largo Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Kirby,

We appreciate your feedback very much, that you so much for taking the time to let us know about you and your husband's stay! We cannot wait to have you both back with us sometime soon, please let us know if there's anything we may be able to do to make your next stay even more special than the last.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This place was a little slice of heaven. The rooms were very clean and luxurious, the pool was amazing...open 24/7 and the staff treated you like royalty....they couldn’t do enough for you. Very friendly. The bay was beautiful and the water was very warm. I can’t wait to return here....it’s amazing!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Tour322993,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay - I am delighted to hear your were able to find your own "slice of heaven" with us! Anytime that you would like to return for more luxurious relaxation, please reach out and let us know, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Warmest Island Regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

So many good things about this place. Service and attentiveness is first rate. Location could not be more beautiful. Will make this a more frequent weekend getaway spot. Bring your tennis racket, and your water activity toys because it is an amazing vibe for activities. Shout out to the whole team in the breakfast buffet.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank MouseQT

MouseQT,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us! I will share your regards with all of our staff - as always, feel free to reach out to us if you have any further comments or inquiries regarding future stays. We look forward to hosting you again sometime soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 days at a suite with a view of the water. The hotel is very pretty, the pool is big and the beach is small but enough! You can rent kayaks right there or fish. The breakfast was expensive and not that good. I did not give 5 stars because:
1) the shower did not worked I could not get hot water for 2 days. I got a 50usd refund. On a 700usd a night with a shower this bad I expected more.
2) I called and reserved and confirmed with the hotel a 2 queen bed room, upon arrival the girl said it’s not guaranteed REALLY???? But she was mistaken 30 min later.
3) we order breakfast at the room for the last day, my favorite: eggs Benedict! That brought hard boiled eggs.
3 thins I don’t expect from a hotel with a 700/night room.
I could go back but not get the most expensive room, if I go back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia E

Patricia,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us, I am very sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with the full five-star service standard that we work everyday to uphold. I am certainly going to share this information with our respective resort teams to properly follow up in these areas of concern to understand what could have happened to effect your stay. If there is anything else you would like to mention or speak further about, please reach out to us at the resort at any time and we would be happy to assist you. We hope to see you again in the future!

Warmest Island Regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2018

I will start by saying this resort is one of the most beautiful, aesthetically stunning resorts I have ever stayed at. The grounds are just breathtaking, from the lobby, to the pool, to the beach area, to the views of the clear blue water, it truly is stunning. The staff are all super friendly, always ask how your day is going, always smile, say hello, go out of there way to accommodate anything you need. The minute you arrive and are handed your delicious welcome cocktail, you feel like you are being spoiled, and pampered. The place as a very upscale, sophisticated feel to it. Even the smell in the lobby and common areas is heavenly.
The rooms are well appointed with Nespresso machines and pods, Babyliss hair dryers, thick robes, mini fridges, one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and even the ability to log on to your Netflix, You Tube or Pandora account on the TV. There are also Ipads in the room where you can order items from housekeeping like extra towels and shampoo, room service, and get all kinds of hotel information.
They have a kids' room too where you can play games, etc and daily activities for the kids. They even loan you fishing gear to fish off the dock. It's definitely very family friendly.
Where I feel the experience feel a bit short was with housekeeping unfortunately. The first full day we were there our room was not cleaned when we went back to it at 5 pm. I had been back and forth to the room several times that day and saw housekeeping all over the floor and even in the room across the hall from us. But for some reason we were skipped. At 5 pm there was no sign of housekeeping on the floor, and our room had not been touched. I called the front desk and they promised to get someone up right away. We left and went back to the pool to wait. At 6 pm I went back upstairs and STILL no clean room! At this point I had to cancel my dinner reservation as we would not be able to all shower and get ready in time to make it to dinner. I now went down to the lobby in person to find out what the issue was. The gentleman who helped me was extremely nice and apologetic and promised to have someone up there right away and to alert the housekeeping manager. 30 min later the room was clean, but we were missing wash cloths and the water bottles you pay for in your resort fee. I stopped by the lobby later that evening, thanked the gentleman who had helped me and mentioned the missing items. He gave us what we needed and said he was putting in a request for our room to be serviced by 11 am the next day. I also made that same request on the in room Ipad.
The next day, I went to the room at 1 pm and STILL NOT CLEANED. Again, back down to the lobby and told the manager there what was going on and of our troubles the night before. He was very apologetic, got housekeeping on the phone right then and there and told them to clean our room immediately. He then proceeded to tell me that even if he had to clean it himself, it would be done shortly and we would have water and washcloths.
He must have had some pull because an hour later when I went back the room was done and we had everything we needed.
So I have to say the management is very attentive and will work to fix any issues, but I felt upset that I had to keep going to the lobby to demand my room be cleaned at a reasonable hour. Especially after requesting a specific time on the iPad and with the front desk the night before.
In addition, I don't feel they did a great job with the cleaning either. There were hairs that were not mine in the shower upon check in and they remained there our entire stay. We had a coffee in the room the first night and ended up with a coffee stain on our counter from the cups that I noticed was still there after they cleaned the next day.
I purposely left it after that to see if it would ever get wiped, and that remained the whole stay too. Overall, for a resort of this caliper and this price point, I feel their housekeeping staff is lacking.
The only other negative I can think of is the prices in the restaurants are way too high. $40 per adult for a breakfast buffet is not what I want to spend, but there are plenty of food options in the area, so we just didn't frequent the restaurants other than Sol by the Sea for dinner our first night and of course the pool bar for poolside drinks and an occasional lunch. It should be noted the restaurants were all pretty dead our entire stay, and that prices are probably why.
But other that that, I have no bad things to say. If they can work out the kinks with housekeeping, this would be a 5 star experience.
We plan to come back, and I truly did not want to leave. Key Largo is beautiful and so is this resort.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family