All reviews full kitchen living room two story townhouse style screened in porch overlooking the canal live music sleeper sofa pots and pans rainbow reef small pool scuba diving boats key roomy marina fishing
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We just returned from a 4 day stay at this Holiday Inn. Even though the hotel is older, our room was clean & comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly & helpful. There are a lot of restaurants & shops nearby. We especially enjoyed the glass bottom tour whose staff was friendly & informative too!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 708lois
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We opted for this place as it was one of the more reasonable (we used an online booking 'thing' not sure which one - probably could have negotiated a better price in person, or at least directly to the motel via phone - but no one answered - personally, would not use any of those 'booking.com' kinda places again) We were to be on the Keys for 4 days. We liked the location - a side street off the very busy Rt. 1, so that was a bonus. Check-in was 'benign' not unfriendly but not very welcoming, and a tiny office. There was a very small pool area near the office. We did get in to our room much earlier than check-in times, so that was good. Be prepared to lug your stuff up the steps to the rooms, there didn't appear to be any ramps or carts. The room smelled clean, paint was fresh. Kitchen was clean and pretty well equipped for basics, but not many pots/pans. 'Fridge was nice, stove top in great need of new drip pans. Living room area, sleep sofa not great comfort, & not enough lighting. ceiling fan was pretty filthy. Nice sized TV with good line-up. Full bathroom off the downstairs was very nice, towels a little thin, but plenty of them. The screened in porch off the kitchen was very nice, but was in great need of cleaning, and the sliding doors/tracks were also in need of attention, the vertical blind on the doors in terrible shape. Upstairs was the bedroom, very roomy, nice enough, good sized TV, bathroom a little smaller, but clean. Bed/pillows/sheets clean/comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed the screened in porch overlooking the canal and the boats, waving at people as they went by. The property is elevated, and underneath could be so nice with some decent seating & landscaping, but pretty neglected & shabby. The washer and dryer are located under the office area and it's in the open, right on the canal, so that was kinda fun doing the laundry in the open air - there was a plastic table and a couple of seats there. For the 4 days were were there, there was no housekeeping and we saw few staff members. With all that said, we actually enjoyed our stay. We would go back.

Room Tip: one floor all facing the canal.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Let's chat about Key West Inn in Key Largo. There are certainly pro's and con's about this place.

The property is certainly in need of a little "remodeling and upgrading". It seems as though it's not been upgraded since about 1998. What they do have is in fairly good shape and maintained.

I stumbled upon Key West Inn on Expedia where they were available for about $90/night. I happened to check directly on the Inn's website and the same nights were advertised as $170! So definitely check around. For $90/night this was a GREAT DEAL! (Though to be honest I would have not been too cheeky with the experience paying $170).

My point being is the price with Expedia was right on with what you get. While the towels and decour and overall appearance could use a bit of freshening up and upgrades there are some pros. The views on thebackside are great. It very much makes you feel like you're in the Keys.

The staff is absolutely friendly and helpful. Each person I encountered were great.

There is also LOTS of space in each unit. Each being two stories, with tall ceilings. There is lots of space.

The bed was springy but I slept well.

For two nights this was a great stay at the right rate. I wouldn't dare spend more than $90-ish per night, nor would I spend more than 2 or 3 nights here.

If you're here for a fun weekend -- I say GIVE IT A GO!

They are PET FRIENDLY A++++
And have a nice little pool. There is also an on sight company selling snorkel and diving tours and near several restaurants.

They're about a block or two off the main road but easy to find. They're also just about 2 or 3 miles from John Pennekamp State Park.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Over powering smell of bleach when we had entered the room and we had to leave the room for a few hours till the smell had disapaided. No other rooms to change to .sofa bed was very uncomfortable .also there were cockroaches in the room.toilet didn't flush . spoke to the front desk and they said that they would fix it and they didn't have any roaches. .really .....in Florida? Would never recommend this hotel and in season the price goes up to $300.00 we left after one night!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Rocky H
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Unfriendly staff upon arrival, until I broke the ice to ask how her day was. After that, she was nice and gave me a smile. As we entered the room, the view was superb! Everything else, was gross. Carpet was stained, furniture outdated and I didn't feel comfortable walking around in the room without my shoes on. Layout is spacious, but I couldn't get past the nasty carpets.

I wanted to check out immediately and didn't care that I would have to pay for the night. Instead, the girl at the counter gave me keys to two other rooms to look at. I settled with a room, only because it was storming out and I didn't want to have to drive around looking for a place to stay. I ended up sleeping on the couch over a blanket I had brought with me.

The following morning, I check out a day earlier than I reserved for and was given a bill with crazy charges! I understood there was a $50 pet fee, but there was a "safe fee" AND a "resort fee". On top of that, I was taxed on all three fees. I read later that the price on the site included all fees (with exception of pet fee). The room was $107. I was charged $190!!! My experience at the hotel was not what I paid for! Unfriendly staff both coming in and checking out. I would stay away from this hotel. It all seems shady to me!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cdong74
KeysBound0316, Front Office Manager at Key West Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We are in the planning stages of renovating the hotel and hope to see you again once renovations are complete. Your comments have been addressed with the staff in hopes to prevent any future disappointment. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you soon.

Warm Regards!