All reviews full kitchen living room two story townhouse style screened in porch overlooking the canal live music sleeper sofa pots and pans rainbow reef small pool scuba diving boats key roomy marina fishing
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Let's chat about Key West Inn in Key Largo. There are certainly pro's and con's about this place.

The property is certainly in need of a little "remodeling and upgrading". It seems as though it's not been upgraded since about 1998. What they do have is in fairly good shape and maintained.

I stumbled upon Key West Inn on Expedia where they were available for about $90/night. I happened to check directly on the Inn's website and the same nights were advertised as $170! So definitely check around. For $90/night this was a GREAT DEAL! (Though to be honest I would have not been too cheeky with the experience paying $170).

My point being is the price with Expedia was right on with what you get. While the towels and decour and overall appearance could use a bit of freshening up and upgrades there are some pros. The views on thebackside are great. It very much makes you feel like you're in the Keys.

The staff is absolutely friendly and helpful. Each person I encountered were great.

There is also LOTS of space in each unit. Each being two stories, with tall ceilings. There is lots of space.

The bed was springy but I slept well.

For two nights this was a great stay at the right rate. I wouldn't dare spend more than $90-ish per night, nor would I spend more than 2 or 3 nights here.

If you're here for a fun weekend -- I say GIVE IT A GO!

They are PET FRIENDLY A++++
And have a nice little pool. There is also an on sight company selling snorkel and diving tours and near several restaurants.

They're about a block or two off the main road but easy to find. They're also just about 2 or 3 miles from John Pennekamp State Park.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Over powering smell of bleach when we had entered the room and we had to leave the room for a few hours till the smell had disapaided. No other rooms to change to .sofa bed was very uncomfortable .also there were cockroaches in the room.toilet didn't flush . spoke to the front desk and they said that they would fix it and they didn't have any roaches. .really .....in Florida? Would never recommend this hotel and in season the price goes up to $300.00 we left after one night!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Rocky H
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Unfriendly staff upon arrival, until I broke the ice to ask how her day was. After that, she was nice and gave me a smile. As we entered the room, the view was superb! Everything else, was gross. Carpet was stained, furniture outdated and I didn't feel comfortable walking around in the room without my shoes on. Layout is spacious, but I couldn't get past the nasty carpets.

I wanted to check out immediately and didn't care that I would have to pay for the night. Instead, the girl at the counter gave me keys to two other rooms to look at. I settled with a room, only because it was storming out and I didn't want to have to drive around looking for a place to stay. I ended up sleeping on the couch over a blanket I had brought with me.

The following morning, I check out a day earlier than I reserved for and was given a bill with crazy charges! I understood there was a $50 pet fee, but there was a "safe fee" AND a "resort fee". On top of that, I was taxed on all three fees. I read later that the price on the site included all fees (with exception of pet fee). The room was $107. I was charged $190!!! My experience at the hotel was not what I paid for! Unfriendly staff both coming in and checking out. I would stay away from this hotel. It all seems shady to me!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cdong74
KeysBound0316, Front Office Manager at Key West Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We are in the planning stages of renovating the hotel and hope to see you again once renovations are complete. Your comments have been addressed with the staff in hopes to prevent any future disappointment. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

This could be an amazing hotel with a lot of work. PROS: Check in staff person was very helpful. The space in the room was amazing. Loved the 2 story layout and private bedroom and bathroom upstairs! AC worked great. Full size kitchen appliances were nice. The property is very large and plenty of parking.
CONS: The room smelled like they used a gallon of bleach to clean 5 minutes before we checked in. Carpet was really disgusting with dark stains of unknown origin. The bed upstairs was uncomfortable and the pull out couch had garbage underneath. Someone else's hair in the shower. Wouldn't dare go bare foot. Phone was missing so you had to walk to the front desk or call from your cell phone if you had a question. Check out person had an attitude and didn't even ask about our stay, which was not surprising as they probably have a lot of complaints.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same and have the same view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This could be a great Inn with a little bit of work. Carpet is really bad, stains and dirty. The bed upstairs was very comfortable and the pull out couch ok. Furniture outdated. Perfect for small family and very spacious. I would go back again. Pool was nice and clean. This is not the Ritz but for the price you cannot go wrong. Staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. Full size kitchen appliances were great. Could use a good deep cleaning. Bring slippers to keep your feet clean. A/C worked great and ceiling fans were good too. All in all I would recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family