All reviews full kitchen living room two story townhouse style screened in porch overlooking the canal two stories live music sleeper sofa pots and pans rainbow reef covered parking small pool scuba diving boats key marina
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Over powering smell of bleach when we had entered the room and we had to leave the room for a few hours till the smell had disapaided. No other rooms to change to .sofa bed was very uncomfortable .also there were cockroaches in the room.toilet didn't flush . spoke to the front desk and they said that they would fix it and they didn't have any roaches. .really .....in Florida? Would never recommend this hotel and in season the price goes up to $300.00 we left after one night!

Room tip: Don't stay there
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Rocky H
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Unfriendly staff upon arrival, until I broke the ice to ask how her day was. After that, she was nice and gave me a smile. As we entered the room, the view was superb! Everything else, was gross. Carpet was stained, furniture outdated and I didn't feel comfortable walking around in the room without my shoes on. Layout is spacious, but I couldn't get past the nasty carpets.

I wanted to check out immediately and didn't care that I would have to pay for the night. Instead, the girl at the counter gave me keys to two other rooms to look at. I settled with a room, only because it was storming out and I didn't want to have to drive around looking for a place to stay. I ended up sleeping on the couch over a blanket I had brought with me.

The following morning, I check out a day earlier than I reserved for and was given a bill with crazy charges! I understood there was a $50 pet fee, but there was a "safe fee" AND a "resort fee". On top of that, I was taxed on all three fees. I read later that the price on the site included all fees (with exception of pet fee). The room was $107. I was charged $190!!! My experience at the hotel was not what I paid for! Unfriendly staff both coming in and checking out. I would stay away from this hotel. It all seems shady to me!!!

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank Cdong74
KeysBound0316, Front Office Manager at Key West Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We are in the planning stages of renovating the hotel and hope to see you again once renovations are complete. Your comments have been addressed with the staff in hopes to prevent any future disappointment. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

This could be an amazing hotel with a lot of work. PROS: Check in staff person was very helpful. The space in the room was amazing. Loved the 2 story layout and private bedroom and bathroom upstairs! AC worked great. Full size kitchen appliances were nice. The property is very large and plenty of parking.
CONS: The room smelled like they used a gallon of bleach to clean 5 minutes before we checked in. Carpet was really disgusting with dark stains of unknown origin. The bed upstairs was uncomfortable and the pull out couch had garbage underneath. Someone else's hair in the shower. Wouldn't dare go bare foot. Phone was missing so you had to walk to the front desk or call from your cell phone if you had a question. Check out person had an attitude and didn't even ask about our stay, which was not surprising as they probably have a lot of complaints.

Room tip: All rooms are the same and have the same view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This could be a great Inn with a little bit of work. Carpet is really bad, stains and dirty. The bed upstairs was very comfortable and the pull out couch ok. Furniture outdated. Perfect for small family and very spacious. I would go back again. Pool was nice and clean. This is not the Ritz but for the price you cannot go wrong. Staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. Full size kitchen appliances were great. Could use a good deep cleaning. Bring slippers to keep your feet clean. A/C worked great and ceiling fans were good too. All in all I would recommend.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Booked through Rainbow Reef and got incredible pricing. Had spoken with several folks in dive shops that had told me what to expect. Scuba diving is pretty dang expensive as it is even with the great rates from Rainbow Reef so we travel frugally as a family. We loved the separate room upstairs. Kids liked the sleeper sofa. Downstairs closet plenty big enough to hold all of our scuba gear and tub containers. We had heard kitchen pots and pans plus utensils were lacking. We brought our own and were glad. Stove took a while to heat up. Balcony was great to keep wet gear on. Canal is pretty cool. Music from bar across the canal is definitely audible which was fine until he butchered a Led Zeppelin song.

Staff was great incredibly nice and helpful. Maria at the front desk was wonderful. I had several packages shipped to me there and she handled it fine.

Bottom line is if you are on a budget and there to dive it's great. If you want a more upscale hotel then this is definitely not for you. Yes it could use some updating but I'll take it like it is for the price. Wifi worked great for us and we were 6 rooms from the end on the dive center side.

Can't wait to return.