All reviews full kitchen living room two story townhouse style screened in porch overlooking the canal two stories live music sleeper sofa pots and pans rainbow reef covered parking small pool scuba diving boats key marina
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This could be an amazing hotel with a lot of work. PROS: Check in staff person was very helpful. The space in the room was amazing. Loved the 2 story layout and private bedroom and bathroom upstairs! AC worked great. Full size kitchen appliances were nice. The property is very large and plenty of parking.
CONS: The room smelled like they used a gallon of bleach to clean 5 minutes before we checked in. Carpet was really disgusting with dark stains of unknown origin. The bed upstairs was uncomfortable and the pull out couch had garbage underneath. Someone else's hair in the shower. Wouldn't dare go bare foot. Phone was missing so you had to walk to the front desk or call from your cell phone if you had a question. Check out person had an attitude and didn't even ask about our stay, which was not surprising as they probably have a lot of complaints.

Room tip: All rooms are the same and have the same view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
KeysBound0316, Front Office Manager at Key West Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We are in the planning stages of renovating the hotel and hope to see you again once renovations are complete. Your comments have been addressed with the staff in hopes to prevent any future disappointment. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This could be a great Inn with a little bit of work. Carpet is really bad, stains and dirty. The bed upstairs was very comfortable and the pull out couch ok. Furniture outdated. Perfect for small family and very spacious. I would go back again. Pool was nice and clean. This is not the Ritz but for the price you cannot go wrong. Staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. Full size kitchen appliances were great. Could use a good deep cleaning. Bring slippers to keep your feet clean. A/C worked great and ceiling fans were good too. All in all I would recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Booked through Rainbow Reef and got incredible pricing. Had spoken with several folks in dive shops that had told me what to expect. Scuba diving is pretty dang expensive as it is even with the great rates from Rainbow Reef so we travel frugally as a family. We loved the separate room upstairs. Kids liked the sleeper sofa. Downstairs closet plenty big enough to hold all of our scuba gear and tub containers. We had heard kitchen pots and pans plus utensils were lacking. We brought our own and were glad. Stove took a while to heat up. Balcony was great to keep wet gear on. Canal is pretty cool. Music from bar across the canal is definitely audible which was fine until he butchered a Led Zeppelin song.

Staff was great incredibly nice and helpful. Maria at the front desk was wonderful. I had several packages shipped to me there and she handled it fine.

Bottom line is if you are on a budget and there to dive it's great. If you want a more upscale hotel then this is definitely not for you. Yes it could use some updating but I'll take it like it is for the price. Wifi worked great for us and we were 6 rooms from the end on the dive center side.

Can't wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We checked into this hotel on the understanding that our room was $119. We also had a pet, and were promised a returnable pet fee of $50. Then following day on check out, we were told the pet fee was nonreturnable, and after miscellaneous charges (including a "safe fee"), our bill came to $200.49. This for a room with no Wi-Fi and filthy carpets. Never again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Shortly put, it's a hotel that will make you want to wear your flip flops in the shower and sleep on top of your sheets, but in the end, you'll leave disease-free...so 3 stars.

The staff was friendly, and by staff I mean the woman at the counter who asked my name, checked me in, handed me my keys, explained the pool hours, and said have a nice day.

The room was dated and worn down. Cracks, chipped paint, musty odors...the typical stuff you find in a place that has been around for a few decades and hasn't been renovated. The pictures they show online are clearly their best room, ours did not look as nice. The showers, for example, were gross looking, dated and had someone's hair caked to the ceiling.

The bed was not very comfortable and the pillows looked as if they had been run over by a steamroller. Overall, the hotel got the job done. An inexpensive place for my wife and I to sleep so we could spend a couple of days in Key Largo/Islamorada without dying or catching something. As always, you get what you pay for.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple