“Fantastic restaurant , nothing historic here !”

Ballyhoo's Historic Seafood Grille
Ranked #17 of 139 Restaurants in Key Largo
Price range: USD 8 - USD 105
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We had the best meal of our week in the Keys here . From the cool decor to the 80's rock background music to the great attention from our waitress , I have no hesitation in giving this place a five star review .

We weren't hungry going in and we're looking for some casual fare . We found it here with some helpful recommendations from our friendly waitress . Crab cakes were huge and tasty. The kids were delighted with their chicken tenders and with their hamburger .

The meal was finished off superbly with a key lime pie and lava cake .

1  Thank Mobrienrock
salsballyhoos, Manager at Ballyhoo's Historic Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for the 5 star review,its customers like you that make us enjoy doing what we do .Serve great food and great customers.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Def would recommend Ballyhoo's - especially for vegans! They have a few awesome vegan selections (try the grilled cheese, and sweet potato burger - jalepeno jelly is AMAZING)!! It was so good, we literally had it 3 days in a row!

salsballyhoos, Manager at Ballyhoo's Historic Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank You for the great review.We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Although rather expensive, the restaurant is basic and looks more like a local bar. The waitress was really friendly, but screwed up on the order, and got completely flustered afterwards. She was very friendly to comp us afterwards, and clearly felt bad. Food and drinks were good.

We thank You for your feed back.We are sorry that the waitress made a mistake with your order and fixed it to your satisfaction.Hope to serve you again in the future and make your experience a enjoyable one.Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We were in Key Largo where my daughters and I went to get SCUBA certified and stopped here our first night because one of daughters is vegan and read they had good options. Turned out they have a separate vegetarian menu with lots of good vegan choices, and lots of good seafood as well. The conch was delicious as were the fish dishes I had, which they cook via multiple styles. Even though we were only in town 4 nights we went back a second time our final night and the experience was just as good. And their key lime peanut butter pies were excellent. Finally, the waitstaff was responsive and friendly. All and all an enjoyable dining experience both nights.

thank you for the great review,we hope to serve you again when your in town.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Trevor Summers

in the last week
I found a hair in my chicken. A black hair was like cooked into it. I have blonde hair so it wasn't mine! I couldn't eat my entire chicken breast. I was sharing with my daughter. She couldn't eat her chicken breast because of the hair in mine. It came with 2 for $21. My appetite was ruined! Hers was ruined. They only took off $2!!!!!! That is terrible!!!! Our waitress, Barb, was wonderful. They should let her run the place!!!

I'm sorry for the experience you had but I assure you it will not happen again.If you would like to speak with a manager please call 305 852 0822.