“Went back a second time we liked it so much”

Ballyhoo's Historic Seafood Grille
Ranked #25 of 146 Restaurants in Key Largo
Price range: USD 8 - USD 105
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We were in Key Largo where my daughters and I went to get SCUBA certified and stopped here our first night because one of daughters is vegan and read they had good options. Turned out they have a separate vegetarian menu with lots of good vegan choices, and lots of good seafood as well. The conch was delicious as were the fish dishes I had, which they cook via multiple styles. Even though we were only in town 4 nights we went back a second time our final night and the experience was just as good. And their key lime peanut butter pies were excellent. Finally, the waitstaff was responsive and friendly. All and all an enjoyable dining experience both nights.

salsballyhoos, Manager at Ballyhoo's Historic Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

thank you for the great review,we hope to serve you again when your in town.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Trevor Summers

in the last week
I found a hair in my chicken. A black hair was like cooked into it. I have blonde hair so it wasn't mine! I couldn't eat my entire chicken breast. I was sharing with my daughter. She couldn't eat her chicken breast because of the hair in mine. It came with 2 for $21. My appetite was ruined! Hers was ruined. They only took off $2!!!!!! That is terrible!!!! Our waitress, Barb, was wonderful. They should let her run the place!!!

I'm sorry for the experience you had but I assure you it will not happen again.If you would like to speak with a manager please call 305 852 0822.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived around 9pm. The service was terribly slow as it took about 1 hour to get our food. We split a Captains plate that was not very good. One scallop was raw, lobster was tough and Mahi had no flavor. On top of all of this we had to listen to the staff arguing with each other. I would no recommend this place.

salsballyhoos, Manager at Ballyhoo's Historic Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Sorry you didn't enjoy your meal, wonder why nothing was said to the manager to have it taken care of when this happened?

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We went here after discovering that the restaurants at the Marriott resort had almost no vegetarian options. Great choices here (with an entire vegetarian/vegan menu!), and we really enjoyed the service was well. We shared the grilled avocado and farmer's salad for appetizers, and I'd recommend both. The sweet potato burger was delicious as well, and definitely try the jalapeño jelly with your bread. Overall, a good experience, and definitely a place to check out for vegetarians and vegans!

2  Thank Anne M

Thank you for your review.Were happy to see you enjoyed our menu options and hope to see you on your next visit to the keys.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We went for a late lunch or early dinner, you pick. We were the only ones in the restaurant at the time so of course service was fantastic. But I could tell that it wouldn't matter if the place had been packed, Stephen would have still provided the same level of attention. Food was great and the portions were huge! We had the grilled oysters for the appetizer. I strongly suggest that you have some. Butter and garlic and Parmesan and fresh oysters just made my mouth dance with joy! I'm providing a picture of the hog fish sandwich for evidence of my post.

2  Thank josephlT5329WD

Thanks for the rave review were happy that you were pleased with our restaurant and service come back anytime and enjoy us.