“Excellent King Crab legs - relaxing.”

Ballyhoo's Historic Seafood Grille
Ranked #23 of 147 Restaurants in Key Largo
Price range: USD 8 - USD 105
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2017

From the outside it doesn't look like anything special - sandwiched right between the highway coming from both directions - parking lot on the middle. However, really great food!

It was very busy when we go there - casual atmosphere. Indoor and outdoor seating. Seafood is the focus... The King Crab was outstanding!

3  Thank BeachMax
Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Unfortunately, in the Keys the best food is not found with an ocean view. If you want great food in the keys most places are away from the water. This is one of those places. The fish is super fresh and the deserts are made daily. The Hemingway is my favorite item on the menu so far. A little pricey but the portion is large and tastes amazing. The sandwiches are very fairly priced and fresh and well portioned as well. Definitely have to get the Key Lime Pie!

3  Thank Stephen J
Reviewed 26 March 2017

Excellent meal. We tried key lime pie a bunch of places; Ballyhoo's had our favorite. The main dishes we ordered were also terrific. We considered the all-you-can-eat stone crab claws but decided against it and had them as an appetizer instead; I'm glad we did, as I didn't particularly care for them.

3  Thank NMpls
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

The food that we had was amazing! The BBQ shrimp app was outstanding as was the bread with pepper sauce. Both dinners were great as well. I had the Chicken strip sandwich and my girlfriend had the Cajun pasta. The only complaint I have was the service which I think was lacking. We had no defined waitress which may be normal but they both seemed stressed and rushed. My better half seemed to think it was a no BS approach to customer services but I prefer a softer approach. Either way I would return for the great food.

3  Thank Douglas H
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Ballyhoos has a really good seafood menu. Real close to the Hilton at Mile Marker 98. Little higher end food but worth the price.

2  Thank Keith R