“Excellent Training, Service and Organization ”

Rainbow Reef Dive Center
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I recently brought my grandson to Rainbow Reef Dive Center to get his Open Water SCUBA certification and a review for myself. It started with the instructor calling me the day before to give a short briefing on when and where we needed to be the next morning. Required paperwork was completed in an efficient manner. The pool training was thorough, well explained and taught. The open water dives were briefed multiple times before entering the water. Instructor Phil was very thorough and professional in his approach. All the employees were friendly and helpful regardless of your need. Highly recommend Rainbow Reef for dive training and terrific dives.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,868)
All reviews
in 38 reviews
"great operation"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Overall, a very disappointing experience with Rainbow reef yesterday.

Let me start with the positive. Our on boat crew was very good. We were with Matt both morning and afternoon and he was excellent.

Now the issues. :
1) they didn’t have the right size rental wet suit for my son and the guy in the gear shack didn’t seem to care. His response was “sorry, but the waters warm, he should be fine. Not the response I was hoping for and my son was worried about the 76 degree water, rightfully so. They finally were able to get the right suit as th boat was getting ready to leave.
2) we had booked a private guide weeks before when we booked for my 12 year old junior diver. This was confirmed the day before on the phone. We get on the boat, no private guide. Matt confirmed on his phone app that the private guide was listed and was very apologetic for the mixup. When we got back to the shop, they said we didn’t have one booked and they were “very difficult to get this time of year.” I can tolerate a lot of things, but dishonesty is not one of them.
3) Finally, we went to their retail shop to “spin the wheel” for a discount in the store. The 50% off prize my son won was sold out and the staff offered a substitute item at “10-20% off”. If you don’t have it, pull it off the board.

I don’t write a lot of reviews and any one of these issues would have been no big deal. However, the multiple issues, combined with either misinformation of outright lies from the staff prompted me to write this review.

In summary, the boat staff was excellent 4.5 stars) but the booking and retail staff left much to be desired (0.5 stars).

3  Thank Christopher C
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Dove Molasses Reef March 2018. Guide was Corey (sp?) and everything was top notch. Great rental equipment, price was right, boat was nice, all the crew was fantastic.

If you are diving in Key Largo...go here.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My step-dad and I went to Rainbow Reef in order to get our advanced open water certifications. Unfortunately, he pulled a muscle on the first dive and couldn't continue. Rainbow Reef was great working with him to refund his remaining dives. As for myself, I continued with the certification process and had great fun on my dives. I can definitely recommend Phillip Rash to anyone looking to learn. He's patient, knowledgeable, and fun. I hope to dive with them again!