“Best do far!!!”

The Fish House Encore
Ranked #15 of 147 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This Property is Temporarily Closed Due to Hurricane Irma, closed until further notice. We will reopen again at a later date with a new exciting concept.
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

After being here for a week and feeling like we were being ripped off every night, we were so happy to have made the choice to come here!! Our waitress, Deb, was so helpful,fast, and so friendly! I had the shrimp-scallop Rosa and my husband had the drunken fish. Both were excellent! The shrimp and scallops were fresh and do tasty!! I had enough left for another meal. We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

We were in search of great seafood in Key Largo, and definitely found it here. The staff was very courteous and helpful, and the food was top notch. We were a large group of adults, and each one of us was raving about the tasty seafood. Don't miss the key lime pie for dessert -- the only one we found with read meringue! Wish we could have gone there more than once, and will definitely return when we go back to Key Largo. Don't miss this one!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

It's such a treat when the food is so good that you hope that you will some day return. This restaurant offers very friendly service and simply wonderful food. I had Mahi Mahi topped with chopped vegetables & a great sauce. The mashed sweet potato was perfect as were the accompanying vegetables. My husband loved his key lime pie. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

The Encore is the more formal sister restaurant of tthe Fish House, not that it's "formal!" by any means (wear shorts), but it does take reservations, a good idea, and it's a nice restaurant with a good outdoor patio and excellent indoor seating as well. Our waiter, clearly from the Caribbean, was excellent. When I asked about their "white conch chowder" (I'd had the red chowder, which was basically just good spicy tomato soup), he said "Just aa minute," andreturned with as small tasting bowls and two spoons (how many places do that?). It was absolutely outstanding, the best new taste I'd had in at least a year. He said it was "Bahamian!" but I think others say that about the red chowder as ell. Anyway, go there, if only to eat that dish. I had grouper "Oscar" with excellent fresh crab, asparagus, and Bearnaise sauce on the side. Outstanding. My wife had the grouper "Encore" style, with panko crust, tomatoes, scallions, Parmesan, and key lime butter. Very good, though I like my fish plainer (hence the sauce on the side). Good garlic mashed potatoes came as a side. We had a great meal, and there were many other items on the menu I would have enjoyed trying. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Was here about a week ago w/ friends. Drinks and service was excellent. I had conch chowder which was watery. Shrimp cocktail was rubbery and the Hide the Scallops dish was a mess. 3 mushrooms stuffed w/ large scallops was a flavorless mess and terrible. Could not even eat it. Obviously, ordered all the wrong things. The other 3 people in our party did enjoy their fish dishes. Thought it was quite expensive for average food. Service was excellent.