1,691 results
All reviewsafrican queenpool areasea dwellershot tubpoolside roomno elevatordunkin donutsglass bottom boatdoc's dinermarina view roomgreat tiki barbreakfast buffetdive packageconvenient locationfirst floorhotel restaurantdive boat
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I know the manager is going to read this so, here goes - and there is no way he can blame any of the following on Hurricane Irma.

Your staff on reception staff lack empathy! There, I said it!

Night one, someone tried to get into our room. They failed. But that could be down to them getting confused after too many beers. Disturbing but not dangerous.

Night 2: a sleepless night. The air conditioning is sooooo loud, add to that the fridge and you might as well sleep in the car park! I switched both off! We roasted, but we slept! Also our room was not serviced. We left the room at 10am for breakfast and returned at 4.15pm - really! I advised Reception. No apologies, no comment, she radioed housekeeping - by the time we came back after dinner the room was cleaned, beds made etc.

Night 3: Again the air conditioning was so loud. I had to switch it off. Then I had to switch the fridge off again! I fell asleep only yo wake a 2.30am to hear the beep of a smoke alarm thst needs the battery changing! So I switched the air con back on just to drown that out! I mentioned it to reception the next morning. No apology. No reaction. No empathy. Seriously!

Night 4: I was so tired I slept! Through everything and glad to be moving on to another hotel further down the Keys!

On the plus side: loads of fluffy towels. The room is dated and small. The beds comfortable.

The pool is nice - not exceptional. Pool towels provided at Reception- watch out for The Ice Maiden!

The Pool Bar offers great service and can be busy.

We didn't eat in the hotel so I cannot comment on this side of the operation.

I did comment upon leaving the hotel that the front of house staff lacked empathy. At this point an apology would have been a bit contrite.

Would I stay again: NO

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sassyb672
Burgess W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear sassyb672
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.
I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.
No excuse on your perception that the staff lacked empathy. This is a key component in the hospitality business and I will be sharing with all my staff.
Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at or burgess.warren@ophotels.com.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Lovely hotel in a great location for scuba diving, fishing, glass bottom boat tour of the coral reef and many more water activities. Good standard of room, not all have a room safe but they are in the process of installing these. Pool area is very relaxing. Nina at reception is very helpful.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear perrygolf,
Thank you for taking time to post a review, and your very nice comments.
Warm winds from Key Largo & the Florida Keys...……..

Reviewed 25 July 2018

We recently spent 3 nights at the Holiday Inn Key Largo. Our accommodations were very nice and the service we received was also very good. The front end check in area is a little dated, but everyone at the check in desk was very friendly. The girl mapped out our room and showed us where we should park. She let me know that our room was on the 2nd floor and there was no elevator. My husband had recently been in an accident so this would not work for us. Thank goodness she let me know before I left the front area. She immediately checked and changed our room to a first floor room in the same building. Just as a note there are about 4 steps to step up to, to get into the building (which was ok). Our room was very nice and looked like it had been redone recently. We did not plan on being in the room much as we were in town for a wedding. Our room was clean and in great condition, including the bathroom. We did have one issue where our bathroom toilet did need to be plunged, I called the front desk, and a maintenance man was at the room within 20 minutes, and the problem was fixed. About 30 minutes later the front desk person called to make sure the repair was done to our satisfaction.
We did spend some time at the pool and the tiki bar. We had a great time and enjoyed the pool area and the bar was also very nice and the service wonderful. Nothing better than relaxing by a pool in The Keys with a cocktail while all the cousins are having fun. We would definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again. The breakfast buffet was very good and had something for everyone.

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank neena626

Dear neena626,

Thank you so much for posting a very nice review, and your lovely comments! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Warm winds from Key Largo and the Florida Keys

Reviewed 24 July 2018

My husband, daughter and I stayed here July 16 - 20. Initially we had problems getting into our room, key card would not work and we went to the front desk three times to get new cards before someone came with master key and got us into our room and said the door key lock was from their sister hotel, Marriott, across from us. You could tell the door handle had been changed as it was smaller than the original because you could see where there was peeling paint and the outline from the bigger handle. We moved all our luggage and diving gear in, only to be told two hours later that we would have to change rooms because they can't get us a key card. We lost those two hours waiting for them to determine what to do. At least we just had to move to the next room over. Loved the marina view room. This room was in better shape than our initial room, so it was a good move. The dive package we had with Sea Dwellers included the breakfast buffet, which was very good, and I liked how we could come in quickly and eat and then jump on the boat. The staff at the breakfast buffet were very good at getting us coffee and juice immediately upon our arrival. The pool area was nicely kept and we had drinks and lunch at the bar which was nicely shaded. We only ate lunch there once, as the salad was just okay, although my husband liked his sandwich. The nachos were about average, and the mango special drink was great. We will definitely stay here again even though the rooms need updating, as it was a great location for diving.

Stayed: July 2018
Burgess W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear charleenchambers22,
Thank you for your very nice, and detailed review! Glad you enjoyed the hotel & amenities. We look forward to your next visit!

Warm winds from Key Largo...……..

Reviewed 20 July 2018

This place shows a lot of wear and tear.
Electronic door key would not activate over 3/4 of the time and the door stuck on top of that. It took housekeeping 8 tries to get it to work just one of those times. Aggravating!
Toilet seat was broken when arrived but they eventually replaced it when it kept breaking loose. Really? Geesh.
Room was hot - a/c was off and unstartable. Called maintenance. They got it started - lasted 15 seconds. Got it started again - lasted 10 minutes. Good grief - this happened about 7 times over 3 days, lasting several seconds up to several hours. Unhappy in Florida heat? You bet. Units need replaced!
We were there because it's conveniently located on a marina for divers and fishermen. Many water-related activities available and easily accessible.
This hotel may have the best outside pool-hot tub facility in Key Largo. The waterfall pool was fun and nice. The large regular pool was the nicest temperature possible, the hottub was so comfortable and the tiki bar a wonderful addition. The only reason this hotel receives 2-stars is the water-related amenities. Water - related amenities - four stars. The hotel itself - zero stars.

Oh, and there’s NO free breakfast - you’ll pay for that - $13 breakfast buffet.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris A,

Thank you for taking time to post a detailed review, and glad you enjoyed the location & our amenities. Agreed we are an older property, and as you saw, still getting over some of the on-going issues from Hurricane Irma, such as locks & a/c units. However we will continue to work at correcting them so you can enjoy your next stay with us more.
As an fyi, Holiday Inns do not offer a free breakfast, but we do have either the full all you-can-eat buffet at $13 or you can order off the regular menu should you want less. Holiday Inn Express does include breakfast (part of your room rate) but it is a different franchise & price structure.

Warm winds from Key Largo...………….