All reviewsbanana cabanadeck housebridal partypaddle boards and kayaksspacious kitchenwedding weekendlaid backwasher dryeradirondack chairswater viewbeach areakey westpierbedroomtowelsboatsamenities
Reviewed 24 August 2016

My husband and I stayed for a week in August. We stayed in the Banana Cabana. We brought our 2 dogs and our 20ft pontoon boat. The cottage is really nice and comfortable, it is a completely remodeled 2 bedroom mobile home. Everything(almost) has been updated. The kitchen is fully equipped for normal cooking. There is a coffee maker, blender and toaster. Gas grill on the deck is great. Very hot in August in the keys and the air conditioners kept the place nice and cool. Also quiet and powerful ceiling fans above the beds. The only thing that has yet to be updated are the mattresses and box springs on the beds. They are obviously old and one of them makes a lot of noise. Not horribly uncomfortable despite their age, but could use an update.
The grounds are beautiful. They are cleaned and maintained daily. Plenty of great little spots to relax in the shade. The little beach is great for a swim, paddle board or kayak (which are provided). The floating boat docks are fabulous. Can't launch here, but can at a nice RV park just down the street. The sunset views can not be beat!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
tcln, Owner at Dream Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Our mattresses do get a lot of use, since we stay so busy, and we replace them almost every year. It's time for a replacement in Banana Cabana. We appreciate your feedback and hope you come back again soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed with friends but loved the resort! Nice setup for hammocks and just tables under the palms. Restrooms clean. Great view on the water. Very nice. Would have stayed longer given time. Prices were pretty reasonable from my research.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Beautiful view, beautiful outside property, great location ............but just okay living quarters. I guess I'm spoiled - but when I go on vacation, I want to stay somewhere just as nice as my home or possibly nicer. The villa is a trailer and it has so much potential! Cute colors and enough space but it's the little things that make the difference between nice or just average. Unit has all appliances needed including a coffee pot and blender. Also a gas grill on the porch. We really appreciated and enjoyed what was there. While there are a handful of positives - there also is a handful of disappointments: the noisiest most uncomfortable mattress in both rooms (husband has a BAD back) so this wasn't just uncomfortable and noisy - it was painful for him, a ripped and mildewed shower curtain, rusted a/c vents in every room, and a "check out procedure" note that asked us to strip all the beds and start the laundry. (there is an $80 cleaning fee in reservation). A new mattresses and a fresh shower curtain would go a long way to making just an "okay stay", into a fantastic stay. I don't want to sound like I'm giving a poor review - I just want the unit to be represented honestly so you know when you make your reservation. We stayed in the Banana Cabana, so I don't know if the other units are the same.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank BBB305
tcln, Owner at Dream Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

I'm very sorry you were disappointed with the shower curtain, the mattress, and the AC grates. We replace those grates frequently. I guess in a saltwater environment they rust faster, but we do replace them every year. I will look into the other issues you experienced. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

This April my husband and I joined another couple for a week in the banana cabana and had a wonderful time! Beach was small but lovely with plenty of chairs for lounging, a scattering of tiki shade huts, some decent snorkeling in the grass beds off the beach and along the jetty, and friendly guests. The deck was great for meals and games, good view, dappled shade, private. Has a small fenced courtyard for dogs if you bring one.
We used the kayaks to paddle out a little ways in the bay to explore the mangrove island and were rewarded with Pelicans, cormorants and egrets. Manatee sighting in the marina (in April) was a highlight.
Had a noisy neighbor in the next door trailer park but the cops came right out for the noise complaint and even called me to let me know they had and to call back if it happens again! Thankfully they left the next morning and we did t have any more problems with noise.
Would for sure come back here again if we vacation in the keys again! Can't beat the price or the place.
I wish id brought my skillet and measuring spoons/cups. Bring your own snorkel gear. There was next to no condiments/cooking pantry things so don't count on that (I was surprised compared to other rental houses but I suppose nobody cooks here when they come to be lazy on the beach)
Shady day playing cards under the palm trees by the marina edge was perfect but we also spent many afternoon/evenings on our deck in the mostly shade. Lots of anoles and birds moving about in the little hard with a perfect clothes line to dry towels and swimming gear
There are people who complained about the beach in reviews, the sand brought in from Miami is easy walking barefoot, extends out to the grass beds in the water, and is cleared of sea grass regularly. There are loads of stinging anemone on the bottom on the marina side but not on the swimming beach side. There are a few but they're easy to spot. Local guides told me you can handle them but the sting transfers to thinner skin and will sting you there. We snorkeled three times and didn't get stung. We also took the double kayaks and paddled out to the mangrove island which is closer than it looks! Nice birds out there and the water is shallow enough to see the bottom and the fish most of the way out there.

Stayed: April 2016
1  Thank Gillian W
tcln, Owner at Dream Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay! I just wanted to point out that we should have plenty of cooking supplies - pots, pans, and measuring spoons should be in the cabinets and drawers. Maybe you didn't see what you were looking for, and if anything is missing that you need, my staff will be very happy to get it for you. We don't supply condiments.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

The accomodation was good, the bed was really comfortable. The boat had everything you needed for a holiday.
All the neighbours were really friendly and all made you feel so welcome. Abby was a great host and nothing seemed too much trouble.
The boat is in a brilliant location for all the local bars and restaurants.
If the weather had not been so miserable we would have had an excellent stay.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple